Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Pascal Gross chased by Red Bull Leipzig

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Reluctant Nicko Tweet today ( Alan Nixon : Journo).

Brighton. Pascal Gross being chased by Red Bull Leipzig. Old boss Ralf Rangnick. Need big money. #bitinpaper

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Mmm, we don’t really want that kind of attention do we?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Never gonna happen. They’ve lost red bull sponsorship as well I believe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
On a contract here until 2021. We're just going to let him go as long as we recoup the money we spent on him, aren't we........yeh, right.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
£30 Million and a new set of kit.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Liverpool did just give them £75 million for Naby Kieta. If their opening bid is £50 million it might open negotiations.

Note: I would hate to see Gross leave. He has been a joy to watch this season - I have never seen a player cross the ball like he does for the Albion. Player of the Season hands down.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
The hate in Germany for this franchise corporate 'brand' of a club makes the dislike of MK appear mild by comparison. I don't doubt they have the potential funds to make a bid. Really hope it doesn't happen. At least in midfield he'd be less likely in the firing line for a severed cows head, like the keeper was last season. :eek::sick:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
This is going to happen, as much as Haha representing the Ivory Coast in their Olympic diving squad :cool:
Not a chance.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
The Mitteldeutsche Zeitung which covers the Leipzig area carried the story yesterday. Their slant on it; despite the connection of Gross having played under the head coach previously at Ingolstadt, the story is considered a load of 'kacke.' Or words similar. Lets hope that proves to be the case.

Article halfway down: https://rblive.de/2018/04/23/emil-forsberg-nicht-mehr-unverkaeuflich-interesse-an-pascal-gross/

Rough translation:

Reunification of Ralph Hasenhüttl and Pascal Groß?

It is unlikely reports from England suggesting RB Leipzig might be interested in Pascal Groß are true. He once played under Ralph Hasenhüttl at Ingolstadt & was a central figure in promotion to the Bundesliga. A year ago, he moved to the Premier League with Brighton & Hove for a few million and is a regular player.

However, at the age of 27, Pascal Groß will no longer fit into the search criteria at RB Leipzig, where, with a few exceptions, you can get suitable players up to the age of 23. Even the shared past with Ralph Hasenhüttl could not be viable as the future of the coach beyond the end of the season season is unclear.

As a side issue: Director of football at Leipzig is former Southwick legend Ralph Rangnick who once went to uni across the road from the Amex. Was suggested in some circles as a replacement for Oscar & Hyypia when they departed.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here