Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Jose Mourinho says Premier League remains Man United's priority

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Can't expect favours at The Amex then...

-

Jose Mourinho says Manchester United’s priority is to finish second in the Premier League, despite clinching a place in the FA Cup final after beating Tottenham at Wembley on Saturday.

United came from behind to knock out Spurs after goals from Alexis Sanchez and Ander Herrera turned the match on its head.

“I think the feeling now is we need two victories and one draw to finish second with 81 points,” said Mourinho. “The season is successful if we do a better Premier League season than Spurs, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal. To break the 80-point target and to finish second against an untouchable winner is good. I don't think it’s [down to the final] that the team is good or bad.”

More: https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...se-mourinho-mauricio-pochettino-a8316266.html

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia

-

Jose Mourinho says Manchester United’s priority is to finish second in the Premier League, despite clinching a place in the FA Cup final after beating Tottenham at Wembley on Saturday.

United came from behind to knock out Spurs after goals from Alexis Sanchez and Ander Herrera turned the match on its head.

“I think the feeling now is we need two victories and one drawto finish second with 81 points,” said Mourinho. “The season is successful if we do a better Premier League season than Spurs, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal. To break the 80-point target and to finish second against an untouchable winner is good. I don't think it’s [down to the final] that the team is good or bad.”

More: https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...se-mourinho-mauricio-pochettino-a8316266.html

So that is where we will get the extra point needed, even Jose thinks it will be a draw.

Last edited:

MORTY

Jan 9, 2007
Basingstoke

-

“I think the feeling now is we need two victories and one draw to finish second with 81 points,” said Mourinho. “The season is successful if we do a better Premier League season than Spurs, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal. To break the 80-point target and to finish second against an untouchable winner is good. I don't think it’s [down to the final] that the team is good or bad.”

2 wins and a draw? He’s 4 games left. We’ll beat them at home. Even Jose thinks so.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
He'd better tell his players then. It's whether or not they can be bothered hat will make the difference. Quite often, they look like they can't (well, until they're a goal down anyway).

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
***poster believes manager shocker***

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
He does like our Chris....i remember him walking over to have a chat during the FA Cup game ...and then last night before the final whistle he wandered over to give him a hug..nice of him.

IMG_0143.jpg

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here