Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Rodents - Rodding eye cap needed

Jul 7, 2003
Before I start, this sounds like some kind of S&M thread but sadly it is about plumbing and drainage.

Anyone on here advise where I can buy a 6 to 8 inch Rodding Eye Cap? Council came around yesterday to look at a rodent problem we have. It looks like a neighbour has disturbed a nest and the rodents are now trying to get into the other properties through the drains. They advised Mrs DCH that we need to get hold of one of these things but it isn't something that they supply.

A quick internet search doesn't seem to help much as I get a mixture of caps, plugs and other things but nothing described as a Rodding Eye Cap.

Rather than have to wait for the bloke to come back, can anyone on here help?

Thanks

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Before I start, this sounds like some kind of S&M thread but sadly it is about plumbing and drainage.

Anyone on here advise where I can buy a 6 to 8 inch Rodding Eye Cap? Council came around yesterday to look at a rodent problem we have. It looks like a neighbour has disturbed a nest and the rodents are now trying to get into the other properties through the drains. They advised Mrs DCH that we need to get hold of one of these things but it isn't something that they supply.

A quick internet search doesn't seem to help much as I get a mixture of caps, plugs and other things but nothing described as a Rodding Eye Cap.

Rather than have to wait for the bloke to come back, can anyone on here help?

Thanks

Have you got an open sewer pipe then?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
You don’t need a rodding cap. Just buy a 6 inch drain bung and screw it in.

[MENTION=292]thedonkeycentrehalf[/MENTION]

Follow this advice, you do need to work out the drain diameter.
The plug you need won't be 6 to 8 inch, I've not heard of that.
A rodding eye is something that goes on a soil or waste pipe and has a removable cap, for rodding/ clearing a blockage.

Jul 7, 2003
Thanks to those who helped. Will get the Screwfix plug.

Rambo

Don't Push me
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
017.JPG

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
That happened to my house when I lived in Hollingdean.

Bloody war between me and the rats.

I won.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here