Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Tinpot Ultras....

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
awww, bless.

They did a big sign in a car park especially for ickle bwighton.

That’s lovely boys. You look great and not tinpot.

No.

Not tinpot.

And you made a black and white slideshow on PowerPoint. With pictures of men and empty beer glasses.

So we know that, really, it’s you who have homoerotic tendencies rather than us weeds. But we won’t tell.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
If you are going to attempt to do 'cool' stuff like this you really are going to have to ask your club to lose the goal music and use the riches enjoyed in the Premier league to make your team better.

But mostly the goal music.

Otherwise you just look a bit silly.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Oh and 'no' on the TV in Australia I couldn't hear the palace sing. For most of the second half when it looked like you were going **** it up again I could only hear Brighton.

In fact I have heard very little from Palace all season.

Perhaps you should add 'when we are winning' to your little banner.

Our more accurately 'when we are confident we are not going to throw away a lead'

Difficult isn't it? I suppose that is the problem when your club is only 8 years old.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Nondescript Nick

May 19, 2017
Take 'Palace' out of the equation, and it's hard to understand the hate being directed towards them on here, even if it's not 'your thing'.

Misguided as they are at times, the line 'all that is wrong with modern football' stated earlier in the thread is somewhat perplexing. I think many of us who stood at the Goldstone for all those years need not look too far from home to see some of the pitfalls of 'modern football', whereas for others, the inevitable evolution of the game is not only tolerable but even preferable.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Take 'Palace' out of the equation, and it's hard to understand the hate being directed towards them on here, even if it's not 'your thing'.

Misguided as they are at times, the line 'all that is wrong with modern football' stated earlier in the thread is somewhat perplexing. I think many of us who stood at the Goldstone for all those years need not look too far from home to see some of the pitfalls of 'modern football', whereas for others, the inevitable evolution of the game is not only tolerable but even preferable.

I kind of agree with you. Personally I think if they want to organise, create noise, displays, then that is a good thing.

The problem with them is, they are SO bad at it.

Is there not a single person in that group with ANY kind of creative flair? You can knock up good design on your phone these days. They seem to be stuck in the days of WH Smith's letrasets.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

Palace is in the equation!

If Palace are doing something stupid i am going to enjoy laughing at them. Same as when they had a shit start to the season, i knew they would come good but it is my prerogative to laugh at them when I can.

I agree that this is far from 'all that is wrong with modern football' but that is another discussion. I also concede that if this were not Palace then i would probably be applauding them for trying to get an atmosphere going. But it isn't so i am not.

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
All that is wrong with modern football.

[MENTION=5252]wigman[/MENTION] was being deliciously ironic - love it!

I fear you've been taken in by the rhetoric of fiction deployed by that lot up the road. Whilst they may be sincere in their beliefs, they are somewhat deluded in thinking that they are the proud defenders of ancient rites, a bastion against the intrusion of a footballing plutocracy, standard-bearers for the one true faith rooted in working-class culture. The Nigelic metanarrative is readily punctured when one considers its enthymemetic weaknesses through a rhetorical deconstruction and postmodern analysis of the phrase 'against modern football'. This is best demonstrated using the following rhetorical syllogism ...

1. We don't have a pot to piss in
  2. Modern football is something we can't afford
  3. We are therefore against modern football

The assertion of noble values is thus exposed as a fictive veneer concealing the acute social embarrassment of hailing from SE25. The ideological underpinnings of Nigelism are in fact class envy.

It is further noted that the hooded tribe of spotty adolescents readily adopts behaviours quintessentially alien to the working class culture they so desperately profess to cherish. Nigelism does in fact stand condemned by itself.

@Wagman pithily, wittily and cuttingly pulled the pin out of the Nigelic grenade and tossed it back. :bowdown:

For my part, I fear I may have imbibed too deeply this evening and overindulged in a prolix (and lame) parody of the deliciously named critical theorist Homi Bhabha (I wish I had that surname). Forgive me :shootself:

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Gangsta soundtrack, moody shots of hooded men walking in slow motion and empty beer glasses in a vain attempt to mask the fact large groups of grown men spend evenings together making posters and flags

99a0cb0d6c2bdb7f23b131161820d8f9.jpg

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Gangsta soundtrack, moody shots of hooded men walking in slow motion and empty beer glasses in a vain attempt to mask the fact large groups of grown men spend evenings together making posters and flags

99a0cb0d6c2bdb7f23b131161820d8f9.jpg

And it’s not a bit gay at all.

Groups of men enjoying themselves in a car park is VERY hard and COOL.

And creative. They spend a LOT of time getting their displays looking right.

Which is nice.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
They'll probably be more than the normal hooded, spotty, delinquent cretins outside McDonald's in Watford today.
The Mothercare police will be drafted in today, to help out, in case a zit or two needs popping.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Bless 'em. The Holmsdale Creche. They do try, but end up looking rather cringey, a bit like 'dad dancing'.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here