Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] RIP Avicci

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Talking of deaths i didn't realize the lead singer of the Cranberries died a few months ago.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Avicii retired from most stuff a few years ago due to chronic health issues, presume they caught up with him. Hugely succesful and a crossover act at that - did a few semi-country tracks that shifted huge volumes.

Talking of deaths i didn't realize the lead singer of the Cranberries died a few months ago.

Relatively young and the inquest has been adjourned repeatedly but media guessing is that it was accidental from legitimately prescribed and used painkillers (she had severe back/spine issues) - was in London to record vocals for a US band.

Main memory of them is always going to be driving down I-5 in Washington state in 2014, stuck in traffic on a Friday evening and the announcer on some awful local classic rock station goes in to a five minute ovation about how great they are before playing Zombie. Never realised that album was 7x Platinum in the US or they'd been seen as that important.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Avicii retired from most stuff a few years ago due to chronic health issues, presume they caught up with him. Hugely succesful and a crossover act at that - did a few semi-country tracks that shifted huge volumes.

Relatively young and the inquest has been adjourned repeatedly but media guessing is that it was accidental from legitimately prescribed and used painkillers (she had severe back/spine issues) - was in London to record vocals for a US band.

Main memory of them is always going to be driving down I-5 in Washington state in 2014, stuck in traffic on a Friday evening and the announcer on some awful local classic rock station goes in to a five minute ovation about how great they are before playing Zombie. Never realised that album was 7x Platinum in the US or they'd been seen as that important.

How can there be no verdict from the inquest, four months after her death ? Why the secrecy ?

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
How can there be no verdict from the inquest, four months after her death ? Why the secrecy ?

Going to guess at potential liability for a prescribing doctor. Its a UK inquest due to dying in the UK and I don't know the rules about them.

Was only 46 because she was VERY young compared to the rest of the band - came in to an existing band as a new singer/songwriter when she was still in school.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
That’s two dickheads on this thread then

Look on the bright side, piggy backing on a 28 year olds sudden death got you the attention you’re clearly craving. I’ll leave you to continue to have a tantrum that you’ve been called out on your bellend behaviour and leave you to it.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
No heard of him but vast swathes of popular culture pass me by. Clearly an immense talent though and will be missed

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here