Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] What song/music in a movie/tv show made you weep?

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Born free....when Elsa brought her cubs to see joy adamson.,

Bawled my eyes out

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
As a kid, the Incredible Hulk music as he walked off into the distance.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Music or song, nothing.

While the use of music or a song can enhance or distract from a scene, it is not the music that will bring an emotional response, but the scene, storyline and acting that will weigh more heavily.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
In the bbc documentary for the twin towers attack, barber's adagio for strings over the soundtrack.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
I always remember the end to Our Friends in the North being played out to Dont Look Back in Anger and being really moved by it. I think the emotional impact was stronger because of the long emotional journey we'd been on with all the characters through a thirty year period of their lives over the course of its nine week run so when it finally ended after all that time it really hit you. Absolutely brilliant series.

Music comes in at 6.20

https://youtu.be/6ivHzbw4RLQ

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I always remember the end to Our Friends in the North being played out to Dont Look Back in Anger and being really moved by it. I think the emotional impact was stronger because of the long emotional journey we'd been on with all the characters through a thirty year period of their lives over the course of its nine week run so when it finally ended after all that time it really hit you. Absolutely brilliant series.

Music comes in at 6.20

https://youtu.be/6ivHzbw4RLQ

Yep. This. I was wracking my nut trying to think of a music scene in a film that elicits the old wobbly lip. This is it. I have only had the fortitude to watch the whole series once because it takes such a toll. It's probably some of the best drama ever committed to film and (is it Geordie?) him walking off in the end is just magnificent but I can't watch it as it gets me everytime. It's so genuinely sad.
Damn that was a brilliant series.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
My kids won't watch this film.
27 and 30. It's a beautiful film and they're missing out but they won't watch it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here