Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Isn't it about time that acid attacks attract life sentences with a heavy tariff attached?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Victim Impact Statement

Both victims read statements to the court about the devastating impact their injuries have had on their lives. Muhktar said he felt “emotionally wrecked” and in continuous pain after the attack.

He has permanent scarring to his head, neck and body, and has lost hearing in one ear. He has suffered psychological problems and has considered killing himself. He told doctors during one hospital admission: “I need all the help I can get, I just want to die. I worry if I’m on my own I might do something.

“I’m not getting better. I’m getting worse. If I was dead I would not have to go through this pain.”

Khan, a university student, has heavy scarring to her face, particularly her eyes. She has had severe depression and anxiety as a result of the attack and also tried to take her own life.

“My 21st birthday turned into a day where my face was taken away from me,” she said. “No matter what his sentence may be these injuries will affect me for the rest of my life.”

The sub human that carried out this attack received just 16 years

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...years-for-acid-attack-on-womans-21st-birthday

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I had an acid attack once.

Gaviscon and a salad and I was right as rain.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Can't see him getting out anyway. Not with that history.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Watching the London case of that Dutch guy whose mental bird threw sulphuric acid over him as he slept leaving him blind scarred and paralysed from the neck down which left the poor ******* so ruined he went to an assisted dying clinic and ended it.

She's denying it..I thought it was water..

Yeah. Throw away the key.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A life, often a young life, is destroyed by these attacks. Even the most positive person would struggle.

A minimum of a life term, which normally means 14 years, would be a start. The attackers know they're destroying the life of the person they're jealous of / hate.

It might actually act as a deterrant in this case, when it's not seen as the soft option to murder to assailants.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Without a ****ing doubt, Id rather be shot or stabbed than have this happen to me. Absolutely brutal way to attack someone.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Crazy stuff.

You have to be mentally fuc*ed beyond repair to throw ACID over someone.

The population is too big, a worldwide cull of these sorts would only improve humanity.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I know it won’t happen and probably for a good reason, but I beleive when reading about these sick attack’s my thought is the only real deterrent would be to have the same done to them, so they have to live with the same disfigured injuries as the people they so callously threw it at. Because not matter what else is done to them it will be no where near the sentence they have delivered on their victims.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here