Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ben White Signs new deal

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I'm sure the poor lamb would be absolutely distraught, having to struggle by on a paltry £40K a week for a couple of years.

Do you think he'd go on £40k a year straight away....plus he might have bigger ambitions with all the talk of Liverpool and Chelsea wanting him

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Do you think he'd go on £40k a year straight away....plus he might have bigger ambitions with all the talk of Liverpool and Chelsea wanting him
He's not going to get much more playing for Brighton - and he's under contract. Sulking, or throwing his toys out of the pram, would harm his reputation and may make prospective big-time buyers start questioning the risk.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He's not going to get much more playing for Brighton - and he's under contract. Sulking, or throwing his toys out of the pram, would harm his reputation and may make prospective big-time buyers start questioning the risk.

As said a bazillion times already, why would he leave the Albion while he and it's head coach would be a marriage made in heaven.

A year or two under GPott is exactly what he needs right now.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Boom. Exactly.

I’d love to know how thought through this loan was because it really has turned out incredibly well for us.

We have a potential £40+ million ball playing defender coming back to us this summer, and who knows maybe even a future England player.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I think BW probably has the utmost respect for Leeds Utd’s interpreter. Not for sale
at this juncture

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Speaking to a Chelsea fan in my local here in Spain. He reckoned Chelsea are in for Lewis Dunk. Now I have respect for him, he was calling for Frank Lampard back in March. I thought he was mad at the time. Turns out he was right, I think.

I informed him that it wouldn’t surprise me cos he is a childhood fan of Chelsea and you can have him cos we have loads of centre halves.

This is pub banter and I have since thought that I really don’t want to lose our leader and captain. It’s good that other fans appreciate him though.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
Speaking to a Chelsea fan in my local here in Spain. He reckoned Chelsea are in for Lewis Dunk. Now I have respect for him, he was calling for Frank Lampard back in March. I thought he was mad at the time. Turns out he was right, I think.

I informed him that it wouldn’t surprise me cos he is a childhood fan of Chelsea and you can have him cos we have loads of centre halves.

This is pub banter and I have since thought that I really don’t want to lose our leader and captain. It’s good that other fans appreciate him though.

think yu need to lay off the tinto cacera !!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I would be asking £35M now plus £35M after 30 games and plus £30M after 5 England caps

I could see an initial fee of £30m with add-ons. Not anything like as much as that though.

Be incredible to sell a contract for that without a player seeing a first team league game though.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I don't think he should go to Chelsea. But if Leeds bid a few grand we shouldn't stop him. They are every players dream.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I could see an initial fee of £30m with add-ons. Not anything like as much as that though.

Be incredible to sell a contract for that without a player seeing a first team league game though.
Evxery bit as much as that - and more.

This is where TB's gambling comes in, isn't it. We could sell him for £35M now - but we'd rather have him back playing for us for a season or two; if he finishes up fulfilling his promise and taking the PL by storm and joining Maguire at the heart of the England defence we'll get twice that amount for him, if not three times. Of course, if he flops at PL level (not that I think he will) his value will go down, and we'll regret not chucking him out for £20M now. That's the gamble, isn't it.

I vote for playing the long game - bring him back to us in the summer and put him in our team. Take the risk; there's £50M+ to be won!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here