Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ben White Signs new deal

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Without wading through 51 pages, the Sky commentator said that Leeds asked for a buy clause in the loan and we said no. Did we know that?

(Probably on last page but I am feeling lazy today)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Without wading through 51 pages, the Sky commentator said that Leeds asked for a buy clause in the loan and we said no. Did we know that?

(Probably on last page but I am feeling lazy today)

Yes, it’s well publicised! We were always in the driving seat even though Leeds fans already think he’s theirs.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Could on watch 5 minutes.
4 of which were spent with players getting medical treatment.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Hope we recall him and derail their season. They seem to think they have some sort of proprietary rights to White just because he is on loan?!? He's a contracted Albion player and if he's as good as everyone is saying I don't imagine he will remain at Leeds for too much longer and will want to test himself at the highest level with the Albion.

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate

Beat me to it!!

For those who can't be bothered to click on the link it confirms Leicester are looking at White. Not surprising perhaps, but it shows it's not just paper talk.

BenWhite1.PNG

BenWhite2.PNG

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Leeds fans are really in fantasy land if they believe they will get him.

He has been slowly tracked through his exposure to league football readying him to become a first team member of Brighton. He signed a new contract before going to protect us and him.

Leeds are in no position to get close to our valuation, he's destined for greater things than them.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Beat me to it!!

For those who can't be bothered to click on the link it confirms Leicester are looking at White. Not surprising perhaps, but it shows it's not just paper talk.

View attachment 117939

View attachment 117940

In an article in the Argus on September 2 2017 it reported that when Albion purchased Izquierdo (the month before) he had been just one of 874 wide players being tracked; the number of strikers was over 1,000. Albion were having 300 player reports compiled every week.

I would be absolutely amazed if White WASN'T being scouted by every Premier League and Championship club, but in the grand scheme of things it means feck all.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Well Webster was 22m after one good year. So white is going to be more considering 22m means more to Bristol than it would to us. 25m is probably what we’d accept.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well Webster was 22m after one good year. So white is going to be more considering 22m means more to Bristol than it would to us. 25m is probably what we’d accept.

Luckily for the Albion Mr Bloom doesn't share your small.club mentality.

The Albion won't be accepting anything as White has not reached his market value.

Come back to this thread in 18 months time and we'll see what your £25m looks like in relation to young Master White.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

Why would we want to sell one of the best prospects there seems to have been around for us or anyone else when Graham Potter could well see him slotting in beside Dunk and or Webster comfortably and effectively.. I think if anybody really wanted him they would have to make us an offer we couldn't refuse - £40m plus.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Why would we want to sell one of the best prospects there seems to have been around for us or anyone else when Graham Potter could well see him slotting in beside Dunk and or Webster comfortably and effectively.. I think if anybody really wanted him they would have to make us an offer we couldn't refuse - £40m plus.

This all day long.......he is our player and the serious offers will not come in untill he has had a good season in the Premier League.......with us. Someone may try and tempt us with a 25 million offer now but we will not be interested. A good season with us and he will be worth 40 million. Webster's value has already gone up now he is a Premier league player....already to around 30 million, he is still learning and improving. Webster's agent still believes he has a move left in him but a couple of seasons with us is his best option, the same will apply with White. Win win for us we have 3 centre halves 2 of which are versatile and could play full back or midfield, all three are increasingly in value but the real value is the fact they can become an integral part of a successful team untill the massive offers from the big clubs to tempt the players and the club alike.:clap:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here