Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ben White Signs new deal

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Everyone seems very impressed with Leeds United's Ben White

After watching that, I'm not surprised. I can see what someone else meant when saying he is a "Potter Player". Playing it out from the back and Dunk type Crossfield/upfield passes (not hoofing) from defence!!!!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
After watching that, I'm not surprised. I can see what someone else meant when saying he is a "Potter Player". Playing it out from the back and Dunk type Crossfield/upfield passes (not hoofing) from defence!!!!

Like a younger, faster Dunk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Oh Strewth.

Now a pundit reckons ( little old ) Brighton will sell White in January to a bigger team who will then loan him back to Leeds.

:facepalm:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Google search 'bhafc rumours'.
OK, have done (not very well informed speculation IMHO) but why so arsy about just putting up the link?

It does at least suggest that we can recall him in January (re: previous discussions on this thread); don't think we will though.

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
Oh Strewth.

Now a pundit reckons ( little old ) Brighton will sell White in January to a bigger team who will then loan him back to Leeds.

:facepalm:

I see you have avoided putting a name to this, presumably to spare the moron concerned embarrassment.

A quick google reveals it's Noel Whelan. I think the ex-Leeds player and current Leeds match-day commentator maybe letting his allegiances cloud his so-called 'thinking'.

If we sold him in January, which we won't, why on earth would we stipulate that we wanted him loaned to Leeds for the remainder of the season?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
OK, have done (not very well informed speculation IMHO) but why so arsy about just putting up the link?

It does at least suggest that we can recall him in January (re: previous discussions on this thread); don't think we will though.
Because I hate people just demanding links - at least form a sentence when asking me to do the trawling.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Because I hate people just demanding links - at least form a sentence when asking me to do the trawling.

Presumably you'd already trawled - put the link in with your post and people won't need to ask. No apology for just politely posting 'link?' - it didn't warrant a grovelling 'please sir' request.

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
I think the chances of him being sold in January are near zero.

I don't think there's much chance of him being sold next summer either if we stay up.

We don't need the money and he's contracted until 2022.

If we play him in the PL next season and he puts in the level of performance for us that he seems to be doing for Leeds he would be in the £50m+ bracket.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think the chances of him being sold in January are near zero.

I don't think there's much chance of him being sold next summer either if we stay up.

We don't need the money and he's contracted until 2022.

If we play him in the PL next season and he puts in the level of performance for us that he seems to be doing for Leeds he would be in the £50m+ bracket.
It's not really rocket science, is it?

Esp when you consider there's likely to be a Duffy sized hole in the squad, next summer.

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
The right loans are so important for players in the 18-22 age range. They can have a such a big bearing on a players career trajectory.

The club have got them spot on with White with Newport and Leeds, and for this they deserve credit. So many players end up on loans at clubs where the manager decides they're not interested in them and they end up barely playing and their development stalls. Bielsa obviously loves White. This one could not have gone better.

Last edited:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Why are people so obsessed with us selling our best prospects and players? Unless a team come in with an absolutely ridiculous offer that we can’t say no too why on earth would we sell? We have no reason to sell and his value can only continue to go up. We aren’t a selling club anymore, end of.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Why are people so obsessed with us selling our best prospects and players? Unless a team come in with an absolutely ridiculous offer that we can’t say no too why on earth would we sell? We have no reason to sell and his value can only continue to go up. We aren’t a selling club anymore, end of.
Odd isn't it.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Pub last night after football. General football chat...

Saints' mate: ****ing Saints lost again. ****ing shambles. Can't ****ing defend.

etc......

Saints' mate: "I see you're selling that matey whose at Leeds."

Me: "Ben White? Wouldn't think so. There are plenty of rumours about big clubs watching him though."

Saints' mate: "Sounds like he's too good for you. Probably never see him. At least we play our young players before we sell them"

Me: "So. About this Ben White lad..."

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

And even if we do get an offer like that, the chances are we'll get a better one in a year's time.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Pub last night after football. General football chat...

Saints' mate: ****ing Saints lost again. ****ing shambles. Can't ****ing defend.

etc......

Saints' mate: "I see you're selling that matey whose at Leeds."

Me: "Ben White? Wouldn't think so. There are plenty of rumours about big clubs watching him though."

Saints' mate: "Sounds like he's too good for you. Probably never see him. At least we play our young players before we sell them"

Me: "So. About this Ben White lad..."

Brilliant [emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Always have great pleasure telling Saints fans they released him and we picked him up for nothing.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Always have great pleasure telling Saints fans they released him and we picked him up for nothing.

I hope you told them in the style of John Actor. Incidentally, I found the bloke who played the dead body in Monkfish MD on Twitter the other day.

[tweet]1178576186433314816[/tweet]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here