Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ben White Signs new deal

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Looked our best player against St.Gallen, perhaps the answer to our 4th choice CB is already at the club?

Will more likely to go out on loan, thereby encouraging his development, whereas he's unlikely to see too much action as fourth choice here (granted, it'll be of a far higher standard if it materialises).

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
He will not develop any further as 4th choice CB and would just stagnate here in that circumstance. It would serve him better to go out on loan to League 1/Championship, and it has been suggested that there is interest.

Will more likely to go out on loan, thereby encouraging his development, whereas he's unlikely to see too much action as fourth choice here (granted, it'll be of a far higher standard if it materialises).

You're probably right. I don't think he'd let us down though if given the chance.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I thought he was great in the friendly... let's see whether Reading or Sheff U fold and allow us to buy their respective prize assets...

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
How ****ing funny is it that the famous Leeds Utd (champions of Europe) are borrowing our 7th choice centre back :lol:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
yes due to suspensions and injuries he did get on the bench, but he must realise that his inclusion in the 25 man squad is very unlikely unless we sell a couple of centrebacks

Well thats the point of a squad. i was just correcting idea that he never was "remotely" close to "the first team". He was.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
yes due to suspensions and injuries he did get on the bench, but he must realise that his inclusion in the 25 man squad is very unlikely unless we sell a couple of centrebacks

His inclusion in the 25 man squad is indeed very unlikely, for this season at least, if as looks quite likely he goes on loan to Leeds. If he does go though, I really hope it is a loan, not a sale.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Full back. Let's not bother with players playing out of position - it rarely works well.

I suspect that it might soon be only Dunk, Duffy, Clarke and Burn ahead of White too - if indeed that isn't the case already.

The man himself has said CB is his favourite position so it wouldn't be a round peg in a square hole.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here