Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ben White Signs new deal

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Especially as we haven't got 6 CBs ahead of him..............

Was just a figure I plucked from the air. Who knows where he is in the pecking order - could be 8th ;)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The man himself has said CB is his favourite position so it wouldn't be a round peg in a square hole.

He actually said that he couldn't play centre-back here, as it was too physical for him.

Surprising admission, but that's what he said.

“In England it’s a very physical game in central defence – maybe in Brazil or Spain I could play as a central defender, but probably not here in England because of the size of the defenders.”

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2018/october/bernardos-brighton-adaptation/

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I think not.....................

Duffy, Dunk, Clarke, Balogun, Bernardo - that’s 5 at CB that would probably have ahead of him just off the top of my head. Rarely seen the lad play, just pointing out he’s way down our pecking order at the mo & Leeds are going for him... not sure what the issue is here :shrug:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Duffy, Dunk, Clarke, Balogun, Bernardo - that’s 5 at CB that would probably have ahead of him just off the top of my head. Rarely seen the lad play, just pointing out he’s way down our pecking order at the mo & Leeds are going for him... not sure what the issue is here :shrug:

Yes. Five. Exactly!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Yes. Five. Exactly!

Yes - so that makes him the 6th choice yes... If you pick him before any other player at the club or u23 who can play CB - which I have little knowledge of and would be down to the manager. So ‘7th choice CB’ is pretty damn accurate no?!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yes - so that makes him the 6th choice yes... If you pick him before any other player at the club or u23 who can play CB - which I have little knowledge of and would be down to the manager. So ‘7th choice CB’ is pretty damn accurate no?!

:facepalm:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
He looks a really promising player. We seem to have a number of very good young players at the moment, it surely can't be too long before some of them are breaking into the first team squad and team. And those that don't should still fetch a decent price. It's exciting times concerning our academy.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
He looks a really promising player. We seem to have a number of very good young players at the moment, it surely can't be too long before some of them are breaking into the first team squad and team. And those that don't should still fetch a decent price. It's exciting times concerning our academy.

Not holding my breath.

Hopefully Potter will help matters on this

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Let's face it, if we thought he was any good, he'd be playing in the 1st team and we wouldn't have signed 3 centre backs in the last 12 months.
Well players his age do improve.

Maybe not quite good enough today. Maybe good enough this time next year.

I *suspect* the plan is for him to replace Balogun in the squad next summer, when Leon is out of contract and no doubt off to get games elsewhere.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here