Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Joey Barton: Fleetwood Town announce ex-Burnley midfielder as head coach

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Joey Barton will take charge of League One Fleetwood Town on a three-year deal from 2 June, replacing John Sheridan.

The 35-year-old, who most recently played for Premier League side Burnley, is approaching the end of a suspension for a charge related to betting.

"I'm very excited by the challenge," ex-England midfielder Barton, who will take his first managerial role, said.

Sheridan, 53, replaced Uwe Rosler in February and will leave at the League One club at the end of the season.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43814308

Oh dear. This will end well...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I cannot think of anyone less suited to football management (except Alan Pardew). He'll be gone before the clocks go back.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Every chance that he will turn them into Fleetwood Kak…

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I shall wait with baited breath for his first post match ''punch up'' - I mean ''interview''

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Well this is clearly going to go well. What are they thinking of?!

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I cannot think of anyone less suited to football management (except Alan Pardew). He'll be gone before the clocks go back.

Hyypia ? Nice bloke but never a in a million years a football manager. Hinch ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Hyypia ? Nice bloke but never a in a million years a football manager. Hinch ?

Again, unlike 'Pards' and Barton, neither of those two are *****.

Barton is beginning from a low, low starting point, because he is a highly enriched, weapons grade thundercunt.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Imagine Lee Bowyer appointed a manager. The guy's a nutcase - drugs, smashing up a McDonald's, beating up Asians, fighting his own teammates on the pitch, telling a woman to f**k off at a match when he was sent off. It would be an absolute disaster.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Imagine Lee Bowyer appointed a manager. The guy's a nutcase - drugs, smashing up a McDonald's, beating up Asians, fighting his own teammates on the pitch, telling a woman to f**k off at a match when he was sent off. It would be an absolute disaster.

Lee Bowyer is currently Charlton's manager! :lolol:

Fleetwood vs Charlton next season, if neither has been sacked yet, would be very tasty on the touchlines.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here