Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Garth Crooks Team of the Week 9th September 2017

Feb 11, 2007
Brighton
"I heard Brighton boss Chris Hughton say on Football Focus this weekend how he was realistic enough to accept that he is in a different league to quite a number of teams in the Premier League.
Well, the reality is he is in the same league whether he likes it or not and he had better tell his owners the truth - Brighton will not survive the season unless they buy in the January transfer window, having failed to make an impact in August.
Make no mistake, Brighton's victory over West Brom was a fantastic effort, particularly under the circumstances. But don't be fooled, this Brighton side is not good enough to survive in its current state. Gross' brilliant two-goal performance against the Baggies is merely papering over the cracks.
Even Tony Pulis, who is normally very protective of his players in public, had to come clean and criticise their attitude after the game. Brighton cannot survive on the occasional charitable offer from teams who can't be bothered and that's what West Brom's performance amounted to.
Other teams, even in the league Hughton and his owners think they are in, won't be offering such lame performances as West Brom in the future."

I hate it when know it all pundits get it wrong.

EW

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
To be fair Southampton and Stoke have under performed. I think he was spot on, add to that our new signings got better as the season went on.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Garth Crooks talks bollocks, what a surprise :lolol:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
To be fair Southampton and Stoke have under performed. I think he was spot on, add to that our new signings got better as the season went on.

I wonder what Garth the Girth said about Southampton and Stoke back in those lazy days of late summer?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
In fairness that does read like it could have been written after any of the games following 04.03.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here