Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] New Bike lock needed

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
By the Numpty who locked his/her bike to my mates bike in the racks last night. We waited 20 minutes after the match for the owner to reappear, before speaking to a steward who got his boss to very efficiently release my mates bike by means of an angle grinder. Looked quite an expensive lock , as well as a fairly new Giant that it had been attached too. Hope it wasn’t nicked before the owner returned to it!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
By the Numpty who locked his/her bike to my mates bike in the racks last night. We waited 20 minutes after the match for the owner to reappear, before speaking to a steward who got his boss to very efficiently release my mates bike by means of an angle grinder. Looked quite an expensive lock , as well as a fairly new Giant that it had been attached too. Hope it wasn’t nicked before the owner returned to it!

That happened to me outside Hove Town Hall, a policeman actually gave me permission to break the other lock. I borrowed a club hammer from a builder nearby, and what looked a reasonably price D lock sprang open after 1 hit!

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
It's a well known tactic for stealing bikes.

Most times, the genuine owner leaves the bike there to return home for some tools, only to find their bike has gone when they get back. Also, stealing a seat or a wheel. Anything to leave the bike in position until there are fewer people around.

el punal

Most times, the genuine owner leaves the bike there to return home for some tools, only to find their bike has gone when they get back. Also, stealing a seat or a wheel. Anything to leave the bike in position until there are fewer people around.

I wonder if it was a Spurs fan aiming to pedal back to the Smoke. :drink:

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Kryptonite New York locks are the best but heavy

Pinhead skewers are good for protecting your wheels, seat, saddle

Not cheap stuff but a good investment, and thieves do not touch Kyptonite lock as it need and angle grinder to break it. They will just move to an easier target.

sorry not awake, thought you were asking for advice about a new lock.

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton

Ah , that would work if my mate’s bike wasn’t a hand painted rat bike (he never rides his decent one to the Amex), and the one locked to it was a practically brand new Giant, probably cost about £500.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I used to have a £2k Cannondale and would only ever use a Kryptonite lock. They're not easy to get through and if you register your bike with them, they will pay you for your bike if the lock is forcibly removed and your bike nicked.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Ah , that would work if my mate’s bike wasn’t a hand painted rat bike (he never rides his decent one to the Amex), and the one locked to it was a practically brand new Giant, probably cost about £500.
An exception to every rule! [emoji3]

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You mean you didn't nick it? Well within your rights after half an hour wasted.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
I have an ABUS Ultra 410 Mini 5.5" U-Lock. They do a bigger version to wrap around the tyre and frame. It is also, I believe, recognised by insurers, so they are more likely to pay up if you have to make a claim.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I lived in various 'shitty' places for 20 years

Nobody ****ed with, let alone nicked my bike

15 years in Hove, I've had 4 stolen, 2 vandalis andoat recently the back wheel and gears nicked .
Which needed ****ing tools to remove.

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
The Amex staff are brilliant in appearing with the angle grinder. I've had bike lock problems twice (dodgy Halfords lock and then broken key) both at night games and they've freed me up in no time.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here