Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We CAN do this

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
We can beat Spurs tonight. We need to start with meaning, rough them up, let them know they are in a game from the first whistle. We need to start believing we can compete and realise the potential of this squad. This squad is midtable, all day, not arsing around relying on other teams messing up

No more being happy being on the same pitch as a top 5 side as we have done before this season, show NO respect and take our chances we will undoubtedly create this time. This is a game made for Knockeart he will be on fire if starting.

And the fans need to believe it as well, not daring for a point and being " happy " with not losing by too many

Chris needs to inspire in the changing room and they all need to BELIEVE it, as do the fans !!

SEAGULLS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
We can beat Spurs tonight. We need to start with meaning, rough them up, let them know they are in a game from the first whistle. We need to start believing we can compete and realise the potential of this squad. This squad is midtable, all day, not arsing around relying on other teams messing up

No more being happy being on the same pitch as a top 5 side as we have done before this season, show NO respect and take our chances we will undoubtedly create this time. This is a game made for Knockeart he will be on fire if starting.

And the fans need to believe it as well, not daring for a point and being " happy " with not losing by too many

Chris needs to inspire in the changing room and they all need to BELIEVE it, as do the fans !!

SEAGULLS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well said Gareth

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Question is, can Chris inspire the team or does he have too much of a negative mindset which, presumably, may rub off on the team?

Personally I think it's the former, but others may disagree.

As I said on the main thread though, I believe we will get at least a point tonight.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Question is, can Chris inspire the team or does he have too much of a negative mindset which, presumably, may rub off on the team?

Personally I think it's the former, but others may disagree.

As I said on the main thread though, I believe we will get at least a point tonight.

Listening to him talking about Spurs on South Today was irritating. Why does he big up the opposition every game?

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Listening to him talking about Spurs on South Today was irritating. Why does he big up the opposition every game?

To attempt to cause complacency, by making them believe their own hype?

He knows, as do most of us without the blinkers on, that if they turn up and play to their ability they will win, because they are better than us. Our best hope is that they don’t play well and we do. If we go toe to toe were loose.

Conversely, if he slags them off, despite that being very out of character for what an honest bloke Hughton is, it gives the opposition the perfect team talk.

In short, it makes perfect sense to try and put the pressure on them and take the pressure off our less talented lads.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
To attempt to cause complacency, by making them believe their own hype?

He knows, as do most of us without the blinkers on, that if they turn up and play to their ability they will win, because they are better than us. Our best hope is that they don’t play well and we do. If we go toe to toe were loose.

Conversely, if he slags them off, despite that being very out of character for what an honest bloke Hughton is, it gives the opposition the perfect team talk.

In short, it makes perfect sense to try and put the pressure on them and take the pressure off our less talented lads.

He could always big up our players and fans for a change. Bigging up the top six hasn’t worked very well for us so far.

Anyway, yes I do believe we might get something from this game.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
What else are we going to do against a team that has thrashed some of Europe's best other than defend?

Ffs were Brighton not Real Madrid.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
CH talks up every team we play against, whether its Barca or Barnet. No big issue for me. Talking to his team in the dressing room, he maybe saying a few different things.

Pickles

May 5, 2014

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Can’t stand criticism of Hughton. Such a slippery slope. Let’s save the criticism until it’s merited.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Come on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Proud !!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Fabulous performance

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here