Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Formation for our run-in

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Many people, like myself, are struggling to see how we’re going to get any more points this season. The more I think about our run-in of bloody hard fixtures, the more i’m starting to think whether a change of formation might help us to keep things tight, make us hard to beat and maybe grind out a couple of draws that should be more than enough to guarantee our survival. I’m thinking the 5-2-2-1 that we played against Chelsea.

Yes I know we got soundly beaten that day but we actually played well and we gifted them 2 early goals and should have had 2 pens that could have changed the whole picture. I’m wondering whether it’s worth another try - particularly against Burnley where they haven’t got the exceptional quality to open us up like the top 6 teams.

Many are calling for Goldson to play, why not start him alongside Dunk & Duffy ? which would also provide extra cover for Schelloto and Bong / Suttner (personally I prefer Suttner) and give us another good option on our attacking corners. Have Stephens & Kayal / Propper sitting in front of the defence, Gross & Izquierdo or Knocky in front of them and one up top (either Muzza, Locadia or Ulloa).

It’s time to grind out some ‘ugly’ results. Anyone else think this is worth a try ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Will not change.

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Ryan
Bruno Goldson Duffy Dunk Hunemeier Bong
Schelotto Stephens Kayal Suttner

Ultra defensive. Hang on to the 0-0's

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would play 5 across the back Schelotto....Goldson....Duffy....Dunk...Bong. with a midfield of Gross....Stephens ....Kayal....Izyquierdo with any 1 from 3 up front.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Unreasonable gamble to change season long formation when we are just one result away from staying up

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
We gifted them 2 early goals because the back 3 didn't know who to pick up. We wouldn't have been 2 down with a back 4.

We have a way of playing and need to stick with it.

Sadly the same can be said on Saturday when our back 4 looked like they didn’t know who to pick up for the Palace goals either !

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
We don't need to change formation, we just need to put away more of the chances we're creating - our finishing has been rubbish the last few games (along with some of our defending). We've had plenty of clear cut chances to score and failed to take them.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
We don't need to change formation, we just need to put away more of the chances we're creating - our finishing has been rubbish the last few games (along with some of our defending). We've had plenty of clear cut chances to score and failed to take them.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

I certainly can’t disagree with this comment about the quality of our finishing / missed chances.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here