Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The Tories hit new LOWS with the Windrush situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
you might want to tell some of the ISIS lot who have had their citizenship taken away that they WERE just as british as me

I do agree that you do seem to typify the popular form of being British but they probably have a better usage of English to write a more intelligible sentence than yours.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
ah well....

I was born in Britain. Traced my mum's line back 5 generations...all British. My dad's line 8 generations...all British. We even found a record of a relative who fought in the Battle of Trafalgar.

I've been living in Japan for 11 years and if Britain goes through with the folly that is Brexit I'll be chucking my useless British passport in the bin and taking Japanese citizenship.

Yet if I do this I'm still more British than Winston Churchill was under your criteria.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I can understand your worries. The people concerned were told in the 70s & confirmed in 98 that they had indefinite rights here, but in 2014 someone moved the goal posts.
There is no knowing what might happen next.

EU citizens told they can stay after next year, but for how long?
I know of French & Dutch ladies married to Brits, who are concerned

The Home Office + Settled Status = Disaster.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
ah well....

One of best childhood friends was born in Santiago to Chilean parents who then moved here. They couldn't go back because of Pinnochet and Nixon's coup. He settled here and grew up here.

He's not British ? More importantly, does he not deserve the same rights ?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
born here , or one or more british parent.

What's your view on the Tory Brexit supporting MEP for South East England Daniel 'Call Me Dan' Hannan? He was born in Peru, his Father was also born in Peru to an Irish Catholic family (I appreciate you're not too keen on them, so apologies for having to mention it and please don't get angry that I did) but his Mother was Scottish? Is he proper British?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Now he government has admitted it destroyed the disembarkation records of this generation in 2010.
They had the exact proof of their status and destroyed it. Why?

Why not scan them & keep them on file?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Now he government has admitted it destroyed the disembarkation records of this generation in 2010.
They had the exact proof of their status and destroyed it. Why?

Why not scan them & keep them on file?

When May was Home Secretary too. They did have documentation. Her department destroyed it.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I was born in Britain. Traced my mum's line back 5 generations...all British. My dad's line 8 generations...all British. We even found a record of a relative who fought in the Battle of Trafalgar.

I've been living in Japan for 11 years and if Britain goes through with the folly that is Brexit I'll be chucking my useless British passport in the bin and taking Japanese citizenship.

Yet if I do this I'm still more British than Winston Churchill was under your criteria.

You will be lucky, Japan doesn't dole out citizenship like confetti.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
My last comment on this: Yesterday (Tuesday) was the first time ever I've walked into a newsagent and seen identical headlines making an identical point in both the Daily Mail AND the Morning Star.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
You will be lucky, Japan doesn't dole out citizenship like confetti.

Whether or not he does get it, I'm pretty sure he'll be more informed than you are about Japan. Hanging out on 4chan doesn't count.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
What's your view on the Tory Brexit supporting MEP for South East England Daniel 'Call Me Dan' Hannan? He was born in Peru, his Father was also born in Peru to an Irish Catholic family (I appreciate you're not too keen on them, so apologies for having to mention it and please don't get angry that I did) but his Mother was Scottish? Is he proper British?
In trying to to be clever youve made yourself look extremely stupid , 2 of my closest friends are irish catholic, ive just returned from visiting them in dublin .

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I'm not convinced that the logic translates at all. In fact that is a rather silly analogy to draw.

Being a fan of a football team is a status anyone can choose to confer on themselves - be they a TV watcher in Rawalpindi, or a fervent 40-year STH with the club crest tattooed on their backside. Obviously one could be universally accepted as a 'bigger' fan than the other.

Citizenship doesn't work like that at all. If two people have been granted British citizenship, then both 100% ARE British. If you want to talk about heritage, lineage, ancestry - those are statements of fact and nobody could argue with you.
As have the windrush people , who 'chose' to be british.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015

seeya then .

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
One of best childhood friends was born in Santiago to Chilean parents who then moved here. They couldn't go back because of Pinnochet and Nixon's coup. He settled here and grew up here.

He's not British ? More importantly, does he not deserve the same rights ?
where have i said he doesnt deserve rights ? As 'british' as me ? no.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
id say the same about your outlook , hows life in chandlers ford , dealing ok with all the tensions and problems that you like telling others to ?

As we've covered lots of times before, people are well aware of things going on outside of their own bubbles, much as you like to pretend otherwise, from your inner city mid-Sussex ghetto. No-one is more British or more Laandan than you Bushy, as you keep constantly reminding us.

But..
This isn't a thread about leafy Hampshire suburbs.
Or about my life.
Or about racial tension. (Obviously I get, that for you, a thread about flower arranging can be turned to race issues, the sad obsessive weirdo, that you are).

Your one-dimensional views are so, so tedious. Go and bore somebody else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here