Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The Tories hit new LOWS with the Windrush situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No, that wasn't the intention, but it was a by product of an ill thought out policy. These people were told they were British. They didn't take out British citizenship because they didn't need to, but the act of Parliament in 2014, meant their status as citizens were removed. They didn't have British birth certificates. so they couldn't get a biometric document which later immigrants could. It was a complete oversight.

Combine that with over officious civil servants who then insist on documents of proof which were unavailble due to the length of time elapsed.
Some were told they could pay £229 to take out British citizenship, which Amber Rudd has announced just this afternoon, isn't necessary, but there have been cases where people are already deported, refused cancer treatment and lost their jobs because they didn't have any rights due to the mess up in the Home Office. The statement in the HoC today has already produced an apology to some of them.

Let’s just hope those who have been hit by this diabolical mess are suitably compensated. And I pray the person refused cancer treatment can still be compensated.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
It's the over reaction that I can't stand, and your right any opportunity to blame the tories in the hope we might vote for Labour. Absolutely no chance, never.

I'm sure you'd over react if you lost your job through no fault of your own, then lost your home through no fault of your own and then got deported illegally. Nice to know empathy is alive and well in the UK ..... not !!!!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
No, that wasn't the intention, but it was a by product of an ill thought out policy.

Again, I respectfully disagree. The policy to stop some from using Bank of United Kingdom, when they have no right to do so, is anything but ill thought out, in my opinion.

I say again: People jumping on an Air India flight once a year to pop over and take all they can grab from this country is wholly wrong.

The implementation of that policy has clearly been ill thought out however.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
They have been deliberately stripped of their liberties albeit by mistake. Refused cancer treatment last November despite paying all his dues in taxes and NI contributions.
Even then alarm bells should have rung that something wasn't right, and the special needs teacher who lost his job last year and has had trouble claiming benefits.
It's only when all this publicity has broken over the last two days, the government has admitted its mistakes.

Yes a mistake,not because of some intended far-right ideology.
Glad you have finally come around.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
You don't think that the depiction of the Mexican is racist ? In fairness, I understand that it's not possible for you to see what you are doing and encouraging.

Nobody else saw it as racist, you haven't even bothered trying to explain why? This your plan B then? Come back crying?

Here is one I saw on my timeline a couple of hours ago(along with others saying California may break into 3 states).....

thirdw.png

do you have any idea whats going on in the world?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
In this day and age how hard is it to keep a record of who came to the UK and who left?

The politicians and civil servants need to sort the administration of this country out because across the board - from Grenfell Tower to Windrush - there is a lack of attention to detail, accountability and responsibility. It's a f*cking shambles and Theresa May as Home Secretary for 6 years and now useless PM embodies this ineptitude.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I'm sure you'd over react if you lost your job through no fault of your own, then lost your home through no fault of your own and then got deported illegally. Nice to know empathy is alive and well in the UK ..... not !!!!

i think hes probably referring to people like you talking about tbeir "shame" at never having heard of windrush.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Nobody else saw it as racist, you haven't even bothered trying to explain why? This your plan B then? Come back crying?

Here is one I saw on my timeline a couple of hours ago(along with others saying California may break into 3 states).....

thirdw.png

Very much so having represented a number of humanitarian charities/NGO organisations on different projects over a sixteen year period. I've worked in the Third Sector nearly twenty years- still do, although not for a humanitarian group at this time.

If you cannot see that the depiction of a Mexican as a cartoon character with flies around their head- alongside a rather smart representation of Donald Trump, and followed by your own endorsement of the wording in respect of this situation is racist then, well, I cannot help you see it.

There are a number of folk on NSC who hold views I find difficult when it comes to race and immigration. However, I try to engage rather than attack. Simply because I just think they have the wrong view. That's how a board should work.

You, in my opinion (I get that) have crossed a very liberally distant line.

As regards coming back crying, the only thing that moved me close to tears was reading of the plights of some of these folk.

Sadly, unless you can show me my error, I feel it rather lost on you.

Note: I have not suggested that anyone else on this thread has suggested or posted anything racist or unsympathetic. I don't agree with that thought which was suggested by interpretation of one entry.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
In this day and age how hard is it to keep a record of who came to the UK and who left.

A single and direct register of who resides in the U.K. is what’s needed. And no, it isn’t difficult as other nations do it.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Useful advice if you're being deported illegally, hardly a mistake if the Home Office has gone to such lengths as to prepare such advice.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/479438/Coming_Home_Booklet.pdf

I guess if you had actually read the opening lines you would have noticed it wasn’t The Home Office that had prepared the advice.

“This guide has been put together through the collaboration of several dedicated Jamaican charities and non-governmental organisations with the support of the British High Commission in Kingston and the Ministry of National Security”

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I guess if you had actually read the opening lines you would have noticed it wasn’t The Home Office that had prepared the advice.

“This guide has been put together through the collaboration of several dedicated Jamaican charities and non-governmental organisations with the support of the British High Commission in Kingston and the Ministry of National Security”

Read again as it is a UK Government publication

D

Deleted member 22389

thirdw.png

I will vouch for you on this. Friend went to california,shocked at how many people he saw on the street. Couldn't believe it was America.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Read again as it is a UK Government publication

From Foreign & Commonwealth Office developed by the Rehabilitation and Reintegration Programme and put together by various charities etc (as above).
Not The Home Office

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
That’s a good idea, if you are ever required to provide documentation as proof of something simply say “you look it up, don’t bother me”
I don’t know why we don’t run the country like this.

It would save taxpayers a fortune. The Manpower costs to look up a computer record which takes 2 minutes, as opposed to writing to people interviewing them, checking authenticity of documents then dealing with any appeals to rulings and so on.

It is called a common sense approach.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
i think hes probably referring to people like you talking about tbeir "shame" at never having heard of windrush.

You know perfectly well I was talking about the issue, the situation rather than the original migration.

Regardless it doesn't detract from the fact he's making a mountain out of a mole hill over language rather than the utterly immoral actions of the Home Office, who along with HMRC and the DWP ( Dicks, W@nk3rs and Pricks ) show how completely incompetent the government and it's structures really are.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
You know perfectly well I was talking about the issue, the situation rather than the original migration.

Regardless it doesn't detract from the fact he's making a mountain out of a mole hill over language rather than the utterly immoral actions of the Home Office, who along with HMRC and the DWP ( Dicks, W@nk3rs and Pricks ) show how completely incompetent the government and it's structures really are.

10/10 ....but I'm not dancing to it

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I will vouch for you on this. Friend went to california,shocked at how many people he saw on the street. Couldn't believe it was America.

The most unequal democratic country on the planet? America would genuinely be ****ed without Mexicans doing the jobs the white immigrants won't do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here