Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is beating Spurs at home that far fetched?

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Very disappointed yesterday, but having watched it again this morning even Roy thought Palace were fortunate to get all three points.

Obviously the Corona was flowing last night but when I even suggested that we could still shock Tottenham and win on Tuesday, I was met with laughter.

Stranger things have happened haven’t they?

And whose to say Murray won’t deliver?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I'm not sure about beating them, but it wouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility to get a point.
It would be so typical of Brighton.

The whingers could still write it off by moaning we hadn't done it at Selhurst Park.

Everyone's happy.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The only way the Albion will get anything from the game is if Spurs rest all their first team squad, under 23's, and under 18's.

Fingers crossed BG wins a fans competition to play with his hero Gary Mabbutt at centre back, although I'm fairly sure they'll still have a yard of pace on Murray.

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
Anything is possible however our defence will need to close them down quickly.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If we defend like we did yesterday against set pieces and go behind early we will struggle but as stated we beat an out of sorts Arsenal so we just need a weaker Spurs team to turn up, which it will be given their game next weekend.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I'm not sure about beating them, but it wouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility to get a point.
It would be so typical of Brighton.

Everyone's happy.

I don’t get the “it would be so typical of Brighton” bit. Is it that we play crap vs our rivals and then bounce back and stuff a top 4 PL side, yeah, so typical of Brighton

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Very disappointed yesterday, but having watched it again this morning even Roy thought Palace were fortunate to get all three points.

Obviously the Corona was flowing last night but when I even suggested that we could still shock Tottenham and win on Tuesday, I was met with laughter.

Stranger things have happened haven’t they?

And whose to say Murray won’t deliver?

History on our side.......

Battle of the Goldstone in '77, which we won 3-1. Think we beat them in our last Div1 relegation season.

As long as we don't invite them on......

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We have always viewed these fixtures against top teams as unwinnable, but now we just have to.... after all , we did beat Arsenal this season didn't we?

Interesting use of the words 'top team'.

Arsenal are closer to relegation that the title and have only won 3 away games all season.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
The only way the Albion will get anything from the game is if Spurs rest all their first team squad, under 23's, and under 18's.

Fingers crossed BG wins a fans competition to play with his hero Gary Mabbutt at centre back, although I'm fairly sure they'll still have a yard of pace on Murray.

half and half scarf for him (Sorry BG - couldn't resist :) )

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham

Take your yard and double it. :ohmy:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

:lolol: glass half full this morning

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Only if Spurs rest their entire first team, which is possible.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
If we stop making silly mistakes I think at home we can beat them. Keep the faith

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
History on our side.......

Battle of the Goldstone in '77, which we won 3-1. Think we beat them in our last Div1 relegation season.

As long as we don't invite them on......

Battle of the Goldstone, I was there and wow, that was some battle!
I'd take a point on Tuesday, but there will have to be a vast improvement in all departments if we are to do so.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Think most of us know that we'll probably lose the rest of our games and will keep hoping others below get beat.I think the game which may be a surprise result will be the Man U one for some reason.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I would fancy us more to beat Man Utd than Spurs if we are going to get a shock win from somewhere.
I agree, we have competed well in two away games against Ma U, why not get a lucky draw or even win?........now watch us get thumped.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here