Locadia 5
(Knockaert H-T, 5)
Murray 5

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
6 - average

Ryan - 5 - a couple of good saves, but also two errors.
Schelotto - 4 - woeful first half, second game running defensively all over the place
Duffy - 6
Dunk - 6
Bong - 6
Locadia - 3 - nice assist, but looked overawed
Kayal - 6
Stephens - 7
Izquierdo - 6
Gross - 5 - anonymous
Murray - 6 - easy to criticise, but getting in the positions and remains a threat.

Knockaert - 6
Ulloa - 5
March - 6

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
I’d agree with most of that but I don’t blame Ryan for the first goal. 2nd and 3rd goal could definitely of done better. That 3rd goal was like him and Schelotto switched off waiting for an offside decision that never came.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Schelotto- can’t read the game at all. Constantly at fault and getting told off by Duffy and Dunk.
Get Bruno back in quick

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
6 - average

Ryan - 5 - a couple of good saves, but also two errors.
Schelotto - 4 - woeful first half, second game running defensively all over the place
Duffy - 6
Dunk - 6
Bong - 6
Locadia - 3 - nice assist, but looked overawed
Kayal - 6
Stephens - 7
Izquierdo - 6
Gross - 5 - anonymous
Murray - 6 - easy to criticise, but getting in the positions and remains a threat.

Knockaert - 6
Ulloa - 5
March - 6

I agree with those, except Izquierdo 7 for his goal.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Schelotto- can’t read the game at all. Constantly at fault and getting told off by Duffy and Dunk.
Get Bruno back in quick

Duffy looks a worse player with him in the team, because positionally Schelotto is so unaware, Duffy doesn't know whether to cover him, leaving a gaping hole or hold his normal position, effectively exposing himself to one on one's.

Bruno to return for me.

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Ryan 5
Schelotto 4
Duffy 5
Dunk 6
Bong 5
Locadia 5
Stephens 5
Kayal 7
Izquierdo 6.5
Groß 6
Murray 6

Knockaert 7
Ulloa 5
March 5.5

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Ryan - 4 - he might be a socceroo, he may hate Palace but I thought he could have done better with the first two goals.
Schelotto - 4 - before the game I was worried about Zaha attacking down his side. Those concerns were justified. Absolutely lost for the third
Duffy - 6 - decent defensively, jumps to early in the opposition box
Dunk - 7 - our best defender, showed Duffy how to attack a corner too.
Bong - 6 - better going forward than he was defensively. Why was he booed? Surely not The Rodriguez incident?
Locadia - 4 - a square peg in a round hole. Largely anonymous. Good assist
Kayal - 7 - up for it, featured in the move for our second
Stephens - 7 MOTM - very competitive, to the point where you felt he was one more foul away from a red. Just the kind of performance you need in a derby. Unlucky with that shot
Izquierdo - 6 - quiet. Good goal
Gross - 5 - not his greatest game, but as soon as he went off you felt we lacked a final ball
Murray - 6 - marmite as ever

Knockaert - 6 - should have started
Ulloa - 4 - added nothing
March - 5 - lively but not enough time to make an impact

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
March looked good at left wing back when he came on. Nice option to have but the sub was too late. If you take out the first 15 minutes everyone was 6-7 - before that it’s 3-4’s tops. Can’t believe Hughton didn’t instruct the defence to push closer to the midfield, sitting off just left the midfield to be totally overrun in that early period.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
March looked good at left wing back when he came on. Nice option to have but the sub was too late. If you take out the first 15 minutes everyone was 6-7 - before that it’s 3-4’s tops. Can’t believe Hughton didn’t instruct the defence to push closer to the midfield, sitting off just left the midfield to be totally overrun in that early period.

The last 65 minutes does not make up for the appalling first 25 minutes. We had chances to rescue a game that we had gifted to the opposition but failed to take them, through inept final balls and lost concentration. Everyone wasn't 6-7 for the latter period of the game because lots of mistakes were still being made and we still lost, despite Palace doing little or nothing in the 2nd half.

Ryan 5 ( Reminded me of Leicester away...a long time ago...like a rabbit caught in the headlights....shaky and unsettled....why? )
Schelotto 3 ( and thats being generous )
Duffy 5 ( Still not right and unsettled....just not mobile enough against quick players. )
Dunk 7 ( Too much on his shoulders because of the mistakes around him. Manfully holds it together.
Bong 5 ( Poor defensively....when are fans gonna realise that the job of fullbacks is to defend and stop crosses getting into the box and not keep being overly generous because they rampage forward )
Stephens 6 ( Recovered from a terrible start but contributed to the early damage, so only earns an average mark )
Kayal 5 ( Works hard but not good enough at this level )
Locadia 4 ( Would have got 3 had it not been for setting up the second. Looked like he was sulking, having to play where he was put )
Isquierdo 5 ( Was incredibly naive and poor in opening exchanges. Gave simple ball away that led to another goal. Took goal well but is a luxury in a high tempo, frenzied game. His touch was truly awful at times )
Gross 6 ( The only player we have who can deliver a decent ball in and as usual, was substituted and therefore unable to feed the 4 big men at set pieces )
Murray 5 ( The two 2nd half misses, one a sitter, marks him down from a six )
Subs.
Knockaert 5 ( Showed energy but no composure and completely failed to put Izzy through, when 2 on 1 )
March 5 ( Some good touches but no final ball. Same old, same old. )
( Words fail me at the ineptitude of these two to deliver a decent cross into the box )
Ulloa 5 ( No impact because of above )

CH 5.....You have one player and one player only on the field who is truly creative and you keep substituting him. No one else can cross the bloody ball. We had Dunk, Duffy, Ulloa and Murray screaming for the ball and no one to find them. Ridiculous.

Had a really dodgy stream here in darkest rural Spain so spent most of the game listening to the commentary which went for about 10 seconds and then dropped out for 10 secons. (dodgy hotel connection, not Seagulls TV, but as the room was only 28 euros a night I couldn't really complain)

My point is I may not be best placed to pass comment but it seemed to me that both Dunk and Stevens could well have been sent off.

Then we really would have been in deep doo-doo.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ryan 5 Should have done better with all 3 goals
Schelotto 5 Poor 1st half and lost Zaha but better 2nd half.
Duffy 4 Looked lost with no body to mark
Dunk 6 Similar to Duffy but at least provided a header for our 1st goal.
Bong 6 Did ok but was pushed defensively.
Locadia 5 Lost out on the wing but provided the pass for the 2nd goal to show what he can do.
Stephens 7 MOTM should have been quicker to come out for the 1st goal but did well as he got a yellow card very early on.
Kayal 6 Put in a shift but achieved very little in a midfield that was dominated by Palace.
Izyquiredo 5 Scored a goal but contributed very little else.
Gross 6 Dragged back into midfield alongside of Stephens and Kayal too often so we lost his impetus for providing Murray.
Murray 6 Took his goal well but missed 3 good opportunistic to give us points,

Subs
Knockhaert 6 Better than Locadia but still n ot uop to his best
Ulloa 4 Ineffective and made no improvement on Gross
March 5 Did ok but never had to defend that much.

CH 5 Out thought by Roy Hodgson but at least tried to rescue the game with his substitutions.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Duffy looks a worse player with him in the team, because positionally Schelotto is so unaware, Duffy doesn't know whether to cover him, leaving a gaping hole or hold his normal position, effectively exposing himself to one on one's.

Bruno to return for me.

Absolutely. The Schelotto/Duffy combo doesn't seem to work and is causing Duffy enormous angst - it's affecting his game.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
The last 65 minutes does not make up for the appalling first 25 minutes. We had chances to rescue a game that we had gifted to the opposition but failed to take them, through inept final balls and lost concentration. Everyone wasn't 6-7 for the latter period of the game because lots of mistakes were still being made and we still lost, despite Palace doing little or nothing in the 2nd half.

Ryan 5 ( Reminded me of Leicester away...a long time ago...like a rabbit caught in the headlights....shaky and unsettled....why? )
Schelotto 3 ( and thats being generous )
Duffy 5 ( Still not right and unsettled....just not mobile enough against quick players. )
Dunk 7 ( Too much on his shoulders because of the mistakes around him. Manfully holds it together.
Bong 5 ( Poor defensively....when are fans gonna realise that the job of fullbacks is to defend and stop crosses getting into the box and not keep being overly generous because they rampage forward )
Stephens 6 ( Recovered from a terrible start but contributed to the early damage, so only earns an average mark )
Kayal 5 ( Works hard but not good enough at this level )
Locadia 4 ( Would have got 3 had it not been for setting up the second. Looked like he was sulking, having to play where he was put )
Isquierdo 5 ( Was incredibly naive and poor in opening exchanges. Gave simple ball away that led to another goal. Took goal well but is a luxury in a high tempo, frenzied game. His touch was truly awful at times )
Gross 6 ( The only player we have who can deliver a decent ball in and as usual, was substituted and therefore unable to feed the 4 big men at set pieces )
Murray 5 ( The two 2nd half misses, one a sitter, marks him down from a six )
Subs.
Knockaert 5 ( Showed energy but no composure and completely failed to put Izzy through, when 2 on 1 )
March 5 ( Some good touches but no final ball. Same old, same old. )
( Words fail me at the ineptitude of these two to deliver a decent cross into the box )
Ulloa 5 ( No impact because of above )

CH 5.....You have one player and one player only on the field who is truly creative and you keep substituting him. No one else can cross the bloody ball. We had Dunk, Duffy, Ulloa and Murray screaming for the ball and no one to find them. Ridiculous.

Bang on ^

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Ryan - 6. I can't see how he could be blamed for not stopping point blank efforts
Schellotto - 4. I like him and the enthusiasm he brings but I agree with the calls for Bruno to return
Bong - 6. Tried to get forward. Thought he did ok
Duffy - 5. To much pointing at other people to do stuff and not doing it himself (though he's not the only culprit)
Dunk - 7. A proper derby challenge on, I think Townsend endeared himself to me even further
Stephens - 4 - I like him, but when he has a shocker, he's terrible
Kayal - 3 - He did some decent stuff, but his "attempt" at closing down the cross on the third goal, was pitiful, pathetic and an embarrassment to our club
Locadia 4 - We have a real problem getting him integrated into this side. At the moment he looks like an expensive mistake.
Izquierdo 5 - Sometimes infuriating, but threatens in every game
Gross 5 - Excellent dead balls as always. Couldn't really influence other than that
Murray 4- How can someone with so many Albion goals consistently irritate me? Striker is still the number one priority in the summer

Knocky - 6. Some poor crosses, but we're a better team with him in
March - 4 Didn't impress
Ulloa 4 - Not getting much playing time, but not impressing when he gets any

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here