Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockhaert

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Have to agree, not often Hughton makes an HT sub. Doubt we’ll see much of Locadia from here on in, he just doesn’t look fit or confident, thought he was hiding for most the first half as if the occasion and the start got to him.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
He had passion and pace yesterday, shame about his distribution.

Just gave so much more than locadia 'the statue' and restored a little pride.

I actually felt like walking out at the third it was an utter utter shambles, 10 players standing in a line watching the ball with locadia , hands on hips, behind the attack just staring at the play like an idiot.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
I think the problem with Locadia is that he's a striker, and is playing out wide, which means he has to spend half the game defending, which he clearly can't manage. He's a square peg in a round hole.

He either needs to be the main striker in the 4-4-1-1 we play (a job which i think he's 3rd chice for at the mo), or he needs to play as a 2nd striker alongside Murray or Ulloa in a 4-4-2, which Houghton won't play this season because theres then no place for Gross.

I understand why he's been signed, and i think he'll come good. He looked very good at Old Trafford in the cup, but we can't shoehorn him into the starting 11 anywhere.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Sorry moaners he is PL quality. If he had started at mongsville I don't think we would have lost. Gutted !!!

Sorry I disagree, our defending in the first half was dire, Knockaert wouldn't have been able to prevent the calamity of errors and incompetence for their 3 goals.

Knockaert's distribution was poor, whereas Locadia who once again was asked to play out of position did set up Izquierdo's goal. :shrug:

throbinson

Feb 18, 2009
Shropshire
Have to agree, not often Hughton makes an HT sub. Doubt we’ll see much of Locadia from here on in, he just doesn’t look fit or confident, thought he was hiding for most the first half as if the occasion and the start got to him.

Try playing him in the position he was brought to play in and we might see a different player

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Sorry I disagree, our defending in the first half was dire, Knockaert wouldn't have been able to prevent the calamity of errors and incompetence for their 3 goals.

Knockaert's distribution was poor, whereas Locadia who once again was asked to play out of position did set up Izquierdo's goal. :shrug:
What is this myth about locadia being purely a striker?

He played just as many games as a winger for PSV

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Try playing him in the position he was brought to play in and we might see a different player
Nowhere near good enough to lead the line on his own in a premier league team. Might work in a 442.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

I'll hazard a guess he didn't play many as full back though, and even less in Solly's preferred position, behind the full back.

It took Jose a while to get his head round that concept, clearly much the same can be said of Jurgen.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham

You may have a point, but I'm not sure we purchased him to be a winger? I maybe wrong.

Capture 1.PNG
Capture.PNG

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
No doubt he made a big impact but what a shame about that through ball to Izzy when on the break, rather than looking up and simply passing to Muzza who would have been clear through on goal.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No doubt he made a big impact but what a shame about that through ball to Izzy when on the break, rather than looking up and simply passing to Muzza who would have been clear through on goal, but would have kicked it out for a throw in

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.

I haven’t watch too much Eredivisie but I can’t help get the feeling if JLo can be a winger there then the pace of the game must be quite different to the PL.

He looks deceptively slow to me (and concerningly immobile). Maybe just needs this half season to adjust and work on some aerobic training and next year in the championship he’ll be fine.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
I think the problem with Locadia is that he's a striker, and is playing out wide, which means he has to spend half the game defending, which he clearly can't manage. He's a square peg in a round hole.

He either needs to be the main striker in the 4-4-1-1 we play (a job which i think he's 3rd chice for at the mo), or he needs to play as a 2nd striker alongside Murray or Ulloa in a 4-4-2, which Houghton won't play this season because theres then no place for Gross.

I understand why he's been signed, and i think he'll come good. He looked very good at Old Trafford in the cup, but we can't shoehorn him into the starting 11 anywhere.
Very much this.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here