Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Corners

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Glad we got one today but so poor generally this season.
If wonder if Duffy practices getting them on target. Surely he can be coached to improve?
Game after game it costs us - Duffy heading them over or wide.
It can’t be bad luck.

Last edited:

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Because we always aim it at Duffy and he always misses.

The deliveries have been top notch (which they weren’t in previous years). It does make you wonder if we need an addition to the coaching staff with a bit more set-piece knowledge.

Chief Wiggum

Apr 30, 2009
How are we so ineffective at corners?
One goal all season.
We must have had more than 50.
It can’t be bad luck.
How many times has Duffy headed it wide or over?
I scratch my head , game after game and wonder whether we practice them.
It’s hard to believe we can be that bad at converting them.
So so poor.

I know. Every time we get a corner I think 'This is it. This time it will happen' and then Duffy or Dunk heads it high or wide.
You cannot fault their efforts though and so It will happen, starting Tuesday ....

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
How are we so ineffective at corners?
Two goals all season.
We must have had more than 50.
It can’t be bad luck.
How many times has Duffy headed it wide or over?
I scratch my head , game after game and wonder whether we practice them.
It’s hard to believe we can be that bad at converting them.
So so poor.

Never mind that end. What about the other end? At least 18 set piece goals conceded by my reckoning. Seems a bit weird to pick on our lack of scoring from corners after a game where we scored from a corner.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Never mind that end. What about the other end? At least 18 set piece goals conceded by my reckoning. Seems a bit weird to pick on our lack of scoring from corners after a game where we scored from a corner.

Forgot about arsenal goal, apologies .
The one from Duffy at the end when it predictably went over pushed me over the edge and into a rant.
Gutted by the result . Like everyone else, I’m sure

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I said the same thing. For ****'* sake stop sending him up. Goldson Tuesday pleeeeeaaaaase.

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
Dunky has done fine from corners this season, Duffy has had a bit of a mare the last half of this season. I confidently now predict a Duffy goal from a corner will win us a surprise fixture out of the remaining 5. That's football as i've come to view it.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Forgot about arsenal goal, apologies .
The one from Duffy at the end when it predictably went over pushed me over the edge and into a rant.
Gutted by the result . Like everyone else, I’m sure

You will see many a post from me in total agreement with your sentiment. Especially with regards to Duffy, more often than not he is trying to destroy the ball with his head rather than just getting it on target, hence it ballooning over all the time. Drives me nuts as well.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
You will see many a post from me in total agreement with your sentiment. Especially with regards to Duffy, more often than not he is trying to destroy the ball with his head rather than just getting it on target, hence it ballooning over all the time. Drives me nuts as well.

What are coaches for? It’s baffling that there seems to be no improvement to his technique when there’s the potential to get cheap goals and cheap points.
If Duffy was even average at heading , we’d be at least 5 points better off.
As it is, we have to battle to get more difficult goals.
I’m shaking my head

phoenix

May 18, 2009
I said to my Son,The forwards come back to help the defence, but I would expect 5-6 goals assists from our central defence a season. Lewis Dunk has got it sorted but Mr Duffy is sadly lacking.

I like the bloke great attitude but come on Shane, head the fu****g ball down.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
We seem to rely on Dunk and Duffy to clear corners at our end while the full backs and midfield doze off.. A good luck up the ar@e is required

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Made me laugh on the stream when they said Duffy has been pushed up front to score. He has had so many free headers that have been off target this season. He is a good defender and can head a ball if it is coming towards him. Unfortunately if he needs to guide the ball in a different direction he struggles. If they practice in training he is not getting the hang of it. Hopefully he will get one wrong soon and bullit it in of his arse lol

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
What are coaches for? It’s baffling that there seems to be no improvement to his technique when there’s the potential to get cheap goals and cheap points.
If Duffy was even average at heading , we’d be at least 5 points better off.
As it is, we have to battle to get more difficult goals.
I’m shaking my head

Perhaps each player has a ceiling?

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I love the way Duffy looks so crestfallen when he misses.
Head in his hands.
But It’s everytime.
does he, or someone at the club, not think ‘hang on, he’s doing this wrong’?
The lack of cheap goals has cost us this season.
That all said, overall he’s had a decent enough season, defensively

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Duffy should be made to stay back for Corners.

Duffy & Murray should be made to stay back for extra lines,

I must not keep missing, I'm a ****.
I must not keep missing, I'm a ****

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
Unfortunately he's (Duffy) been pony with his bonce this season. Way too many chances missed.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here