Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Southern are rubbish - can anyone here help?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
So I've emailed Southern and spoken to their "Customer Service" but still can't get an answer!

Trying to get a weekly ticket from Brighton to Northumberland Park and online comes back with a London Travel Card Zones 3-6 and says "travel allowed by any permitted route". Thing is I can't find out for love nor money what that permitted route is.

Normally I would go up to Victoria, tube to Tottenham Hale, then train to Northumberland Park. I can't think a ticket zones 3-6 would allow that journey though as Victoria is Zone 1

Complete long shot, but anyone have any idea what route zones 3-6 would cover?

hoveboyslim

Feb 7, 2004
Hove
So I've emailed Southern and spoken to their "Customer Service" but still can't get an answer!

Trying to get a weekly ticket from Brighton to Northumberland Park and online comes back with a London Travel Card Zones 3-6 and says "travel allowed by any permitted route". Thing is I can't find out for love nor money what that permitted route is.

Normally I would go up to Victoria, tube to Tottenham Hale, then train to Northumberland Park. I can't think a ticket zones 3-6 would allow that journey though as Victoria is Zone 1

What did Customer Service tell you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pasty

Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
What did Customer Service tell you?

They said the route I mention above would indeed need zones 1-6, but they couldn't tell me what route that the zones 3-6 covered :shrug:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Sounds odd. Every time I've got a travelcard it's included zones 1-6. If that covers everything and you're buying on line, put the route to victoria and then select the travelcard option that gives you zones 1-6?

They said the route I mention above would indeed need zones 1-6, but they couldn't tell me what route that the zones 3-6 covered :shrug:
I've taken a look on the tfl map and I can't see how you can get to Northumberland park via zones 3-6 only.

pasty

Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Sounds odd. Every time I've got a travelcard it's included zones 1-6. If that covers everything and you're buying on line, put the route to victoria and then select the travelcard option that gives you zones 1-6?

I know, but if the website says I can use zones 3-6 which £104.70 I'd rather that than zones 1-6 which is £138.30

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Is it something to do with using Thameslink to get to zone 3.
Is West Hampstead zone 3?
No idea how you link them up, though!

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane

Could well be change at Clapham Junction onto Overground all the way round to Hackney Central and then up to Northumberland Park but it’s bloody circuitous and time consuming.

Nope that’s all zone 2. What a rubbish option that really is.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
As your problem is centred around the London part of your journey, have you tried TFL for help?

pasty

Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Well there you go. Went up to the station today to get weekly ticket for tomorrow, and ended up with three, yes three members of staff trying to work it out, and none of them could. Gave up after about 10 minutes and got a zone 1-6 one in the end.

Coalburner

May 22, 2017
You might get some sense out of "One Stop" in North Street in Brighton. They are wizards ar sorting train journeys out

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Is it something to do with using Thameslink to get to zone 3.
Is West Hampstead zone 3?
No idea how you link them up, though!

i was going to say its not possible to go across zone 1 without have a zone 1 ticket but this is probably it. you'll have to go to somewhere in north London and change, probably twice, to a train coming back in via Northumberland Av. avoid unless desperate to save.

getreal1

Aug 13, 2008
Having not been able to load my season ticket on to the Keycard and been told to wait for 5 days for a resolution, Southern are still as bad as we always knew they were.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here