Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Duke of York pub in Sayers Common.?

Magic Sponge

Jun 17, 2011
House In The Hill
Sold for about £950,000. Pub is listed so proposals will be to turn into 4 flats, cottage is going to stay I believe and houses planned for car park area. Not sure if planning agreed yet though.

Last edited:

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It was a Dave Day pub, wasn’t it?

Not been in there for years.

Another village loses its last pub. Sad state of affairs.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
That's our local cricket pub- and the season starts tomorrow.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
have you played at the twineham oval

Pretty sure I've played against Twineham and Wineham. Don't recall playing away though.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I've lived just across the fields from Wineham for nigh on 30 years, and never ever realised that they had a cricket team .I may even try and take in a game one Sunday this summer!

If they're not playing you can pop over and see us at Sayers Common.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
They are probably using an old proven formula close the pub as being not viable, apply for planning permission that is turned down. They then leave it shut and boarded up for 12 -24 months saying they cannot find a new tenant and let the licence lapse and then re- apply for planning permission and the council are virtually forced to agree to save having an eyesore left standing there.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
They are probably using an old proven formula close the pub as being not viable, apply for planning permission that is turned down. They then leave it shut and boarded up for 12 -24 months saying they cannot find a new tenant and let the licence lapse and then re- apply for planning permission and the council are virtually forced to agree to save having an eyesore left standing there.

Dave has been standing there for 12 months ? :eek:

No wonder he has to leave at half time

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here