Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Proposed rule change

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
'Keepers should not be allowed to touch the ball outside the box.

Will stop the 'sweeper keepers', stopping the game becoming too compressed and these free kicks in the midfield taken by the custodian will have to stop, making a defender track back.

Opens the game up imho.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I think it could make the game more exciting, so a yes from me.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
In fairness to the OP, Jimmy didn't touch the ball outside the box.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
How about doing away with offside, causes more trouble than it's worth and playing rush goalie.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Not keen on this. Apart from taking free kicks as described keepers leaving is often risky which makes it interesting. Situations like; charging out to clear a ball before a forward has a one on one (fun if they misjudge it); being sent up for late corners; or maybe just looking for a better view of a firework display over Bristol.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
As heading the ball is potentially very harmful, I would like to see it banned and replaced with the Superman Punch.

Laws of the game: Superman Punch
1. A player may punch the ball in any part of the field except the six yard box.
2. A goal may be scored directly from a Superman Punch.
3. Players punching the ball must have their punching hand fully clenched and the other arm held across the body.
4. Two feet must be off the ground before making contact with the ball.
5. Players must indicate their intention to Superman Punch the ball in advance by announcing verbally using the phrase ‘Here comes the Super’, ‘Peeee-unching’ or ‘Fisting’.
6. Referees will indicate a foul punch by raising one arm, clenching their fist with the back of their hand facing the offending player and slowly moving the hand side to side.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
As heading the ball is potentially very harmful, I would like to see it banned and replaced with the Superman Punch.

Laws of the game: Superman Punch
1. A player may punch the ball in any part of the field except the six yard box.
2. A goal may be scored directly from a Superman Punch.
3. Players punching the ball must have their punching hand fully clenched and the other arm held across the body.
4. Two feet must be off the ground before making contact with the ball.
5. Players must indicate their intention to Superman Punch the ball in advance by announcing verbally using the phrase ‘Here comes the Super’, ‘Peeee-unching’ or ‘Fisting’.
6. Referees will indicate a foul punch by raising one arm, clenching their fist with the back of their hand facing the offending player and slowly moving the hand side to side.

7. Player wishing to perform superman punch must don cape, and underpants over shorts

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I'd rather ban 'keepers from taking the ball to the far side of the goal for a goal kick. Schmeical especially really was a tit doing that.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
That will stop keepers coming into the opposition box for free kicks in the last few minutes - or will it ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here