Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Trident and other Nuclear weapons

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
Are we not seeing how Nuclear weapons are stopping War between America and Russia? Both sides realise that confrontation would lead to catastrophe. Neither side has the upper hand due to it's arsenals and weapons at it's disposal.
This is an example of how I feel that the Nuclear deterrent works. Should America, The UK and France launch an attack, Russia will have had plenty of warning so it can move all of her troops to safety. Bring it on!!!

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
B07E33F1-5937-425A-87F3-F88ADF4CBD1A.jpeg

Yep bring it on. :eek:

If you push the button first, you're mental.
If you push the button second, it's too late.
Exactly, it relies on all the leaders keeping their heads and I find that hard to achieve with some of the lunatics in charge.

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London

Is this actually true though? One nuclear weapon would not destroy a country. So unless you decide to fire literally everything you've got, surely you are going to have to take a couple of hits?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Is this actually true though? One nuclear weapon would not destroy a country. So unless you decide to fire literally everything you've got, surely you are going to have to take a couple of hits?

You fire a nuclear missile, one is coming back.

If you're mental enough to fire the first one, I can't see you receiving one back and then going "Do you know what? That's fair. Let's call it quits".

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

The four minute warning gives plenty of time to retaliate. Not that I ever want to, but it has been rehearsed over and over again for decades.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Are we not seeing how Nuclear weapons are stopping War between America and Russia? Both sides realise that confrontation would lead to catastrophe. Neither side has the upper hand due to it's arsenals and weapons at it's disposal.
This is an example of how I feel that the Nuclear deterrent works. Should America, The UK and France launch an attack, Russia will have had plenty of warning so it can move all of her troops to safety. Bring it on!!!

You assume that war is only fought with weapons. Today it is mostly fought with insidious economic strategies, bribe and barter.

The third world war has been running for many years. It is a proxy war- only the children get to play with rockets. The big boys give them money and sweets and watch the gate.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
A full list of old nuclear bunker posts is freely available -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_...rning_and_Monitoring_Organisation_Posts_(Q–Z)

Those in Sussex are located at:

ROC Post Robertsbridge TQ74272576
ROC Post Rogate SU80572342
ROC Post Rotherfield TQ59042672
ROC Post Rushlake Green TQ61432085
ROC Post Rye Harbour TQ90561965
ROC Post Sedlescombe TQ78151857
ROC Post Selsey SZ84879483
ROC Post Singleton SU88081263
ROC Post Southwick TQ24000712
ROC Post Steyning TQ17381032
ROC Post Ticehurst TQ67622855