Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Brighton - King of Cool; the most hipster city in the world.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
We are quite hip

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
yeah, in your face Portland.

what sort of scoring method did they use to even come to thousandth of a point. and where's Berlin in the rankings, not even a mention?

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
"I’m sitting in an indy coffee shop, sipping a flat white complete with intricately feathered milk design and surrounded by people a lot cooler than me"

Let me stop you there because most of us are now vegan so it would be a soy latte or flat black.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
The comments on these things always make me laugh as there is ALWAYS someone that says they have lived in the city for 20+ years and its not as good as it used to be, too noisy and loud and drug fuelled etc. I think these people just have to accept they got old! Of course it isn't as suited for you now as to when you were 20 years old. I love the city, it changes all the time but that is what makes Brighton so great, if you want a place that stands still then move somewhere else.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Let me stop you there because most of us are now vegan so it would be a soy latte or flat black.

is "flat black" a thing, and how in buggery is that going to different to an americano we've been drinking for decades.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
These articles always attract comments that say things like locals can't afford to live there any more ... despite the many thousands of Brighton-born residents who do live there. One of the comments even says that locals have to live on "the estates" ... the horror, the horror.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
twat.jpg

and his grand dad....(TG?):

and his grand dad.jpg

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
There's a lot I really like about Brighton, but I appreciate that as I enter the glory years of my middle age I'm likely to find the list is going to get shorter. If I was a student, or heavily into daytime drinking, or casual sex, or drugs, I'd probably think the place was paradise.

The thing that I really don't like about Brighton is the idea some people have about living there. That however tedious their personality, they can move to Brighton, get some tattoos and piercings and somehow achieve a level of "coolness" that is well beyond their natural reach. Walk around the North Laine most afternoons and you encounter an endless supply of these identikit people, all revelling in their uniqueness yet all looking exactly the bleedin' same.

I have a natural aversion to anything that is "cool" and people that aspire to be "cool". The really interesting people I've met don't shroud themselves in all that rubbish. Brighton is sometimes far too self-obsessed for its own good and that certainly goes for most of the professional Brightonians I've come across.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
These articles always attract comments that say things like locals can't afford to live there any more ... despite the many thousands of Brighton-born residents who do live there. One of the comments even says that locals have to live on "the estates" ... the horror, the horror.

A lot of locals of a certain age(under 40, certainly under 35) can't afford to live there. Not all obviously, but plenty can't.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
There's a lot I really like about Brighton, but I appreciate that as I enter the glory years of my middle age I'm likely to find the list is going to get shorter. If I was a student, or heavily into daytime drinking, or casual sex, or drugs, I'd probably think the place was paradise.

The thing that I really don't like about Brighton is the idea some people have about living there. That however tedious their personality, they can move to Brighton, get some tattoos and piercings and somehow achieve a level of "coolness" that is well beyond their natural reach. Walk around the North Laine most afternoons and you encounter an endless supply of these identikit people, all revelling in their uniqueness yet all looking exactly the bleedin' same.

I have a natural aversion to anything that is "cool" and people that aspire to be "cool". The really interesting people I've met don't shroud themselves in all that rubbish. Brighton is sometimes far too self-obsessed for its own good and that certainly goes for most of the professional Brightonians I've come across.

Well you certainly don't sound like you've got a tedious personality...nope, no sirree

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

SAC

May 21, 2014

This.
"I don't wanna be the same as everybody else. That's why I'm a Mod, see? I mean, you gotta be somebody, ain't ya, or you might as well jump in the sea and drown."

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here