Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Walk around Beachy head lighthouse.

Binney on acid

NSC Patreon
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
Anyone else from NSC going? Eastbourne AM rotary club have organised this walk and it takes place between 16:00 and 20:30 0n Saturday 11th August. It costs £6.50 per person to participate. I'm beginning to wonder if it was a good idea to enrol myself and am wondering where I can purchase some distress flares.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Anyone else from NSC going? Eastbourne AM rotary club have organised this walk and it takes place between 16:00 and 20:30 0n Saturday 11th August. It costs £6.50 per person to participate. I'm beginning to wonder if it was a good idea to enrol myself and am wondering where I can purchase some distress flares.

You could ask on BBS. :thumbsup:

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905

You'll be fine, a few years back I walked from Birling Gap to Cuckmere Haven under the Seven Sisters, the four hour window is ample amount of time. Wear good walking shoes as much of the ground will be chalk wave cut platforms covered with seaweed which is very difficult and slippery to walk upon. There is some sand to the east of the lighthouse but as your head west the terrain becomes a little more difficult.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Are you an Albion season ticket holder? You'll potentially be missing a home game if Albion play that day.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Are you an Albion season ticket holder? You'll potentially be missing a home game if Albion play that day.

The lighthouse ticket is refundable. I've booked. Whether I make it is another matter. (Thanks for tip, BOA)

On a related theme, anyone got any tips on boat trips from Eastbourne to the Sovereign Lighthouse? Want to do that sometime.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Did the whole lot from Cuckmere Haven to Eastbourne for my dissertation. It's quite a slog. What's it in aid of and why do you have to pay? I did complain at the time as the National Trust had a sign at Birling Gap saying 2 1/2 hours and took me closer to 4. This was during the great heat wave of 2003 with my shopping 1 megapixel digital camera.

Screenshot_20180411-223727.png

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
ask the twats from Selhurst

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
The lighthouse ticket is refundable. I've booked. Whether I make it is another matter. (Thanks for tip, BOA)

On a related theme, anyone got any tips on boat trips from Eastbourne to the Sovereign Lighthouse? Want to do that sometime.

Dunno about boat trips but I have been round/under it on a couple of dives, great fun.

seagullsslimjim

Sep 26, 2003
did it a few years back and could hardly walk by the time i got back to my car

Is very impressive being at the foot of the lighthouse and you can get some great pictures

Good walking shoes seemed to be the best option, i had wellies which were cumbersome and only useful for bits at the end

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Did the whole lot from Cuckmere Haven to Eastbourne for my dissertation. It's quite a slog. What's it in aid of and why do you have to pay? I did complain at the time as the National Trust had a sign at Birling Gap saying 2 1/2 hours and took me closer to 4. This was during the great heat wave of 2003 with my shopping 1 megapixel digital camera.

View attachment 95954

It takes 2 1/2 hours if you don't take your shopping with you, especially if it's still in the trolley.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Don't talk to me about lighthouses:-

I didn't walk to this one

4016_700.jpg

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
If anyone wants a FREE ticket to this, let me know. I have one but can't make it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here