Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Elderly drivers.

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
I'm not one for road rage nor can I claim to be the World's best driver. Are some Elderly drivers stupid or just Pig ignorant? The other day I was parking in the car park of a well known supermarket in Uckfield, the expensive one at the bottom of the high street as I don't go to cheap ones, and an elderly driver parked next to me. To my horror the Old Git proceeded to open his door onto the side of my car. I got out of my car to ask him to be more careful. He started to go on about how his car was big and that he needed to open the door as wide as possible as he found it difficult getting in and out. Not a word of apology. This morning I was about to reverse into a parking space in Heathfield, after giving plenty of warning by using my indicator. I checked my rear view mirror as one should. Some stupid Old Git pulled upright behind me. I got out of my car and asked him politely if he was paying attention? He just sat there with a total blank expression on his face. He eventually reversed back so I was able to park.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I wouldn’t confine your comments just to elderly drivers. In my experience you get all sorts of people guilty of the examples you have given. There are many pig ignorant and inconsiderate people in society.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I'm not one for road rage nor can I claim to be the World's best driver. Are some Elderly drivers stupid or just Pig ignorant? The other day I was parking in the car park of a well known supermarket in Uckfield, the expensive one at the bottom of the high street as I don't go to cheap ones, and an elderly driver parked next to me. To my horror the Old Git proceeded to open his door onto the side of my car. I got out of my car to ask him to be more careful. He started to go on about how his car was big and that he needed to open the door as wide as possible as he found it difficult getting in and out. Not a word of apology. This morning I was about to reverse into a parking space in Heathfield, after giving plenty of warning by using my indicator. I checked my rear view mirror as one should. Some stupid Old Git pulled upright behind me. I got out of my car and asked him politely if he was paying attention? He just sat there with a total blank expression on his face. He eventually reversed back so I was able to park.

We already have disabled parking bays, and mother and toddler parking bays, do we now need an old drivers parking bay .

I hope you finished your shopping trip before the elderly driver returned to bash your car again as he got back in

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013

Were they on their mobile phones?

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
There is a strand to society which simply doesn't care about anyone else, it's "me first" at all times. I think older people just don't bother trying to hide it a lot of the time.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Questionable!! I take it that you are an elderly driver?

Yes, without ever had any points, a speeding ticket (because I've never been caught) and driven all over the country, and abroad. I also passed my test first time.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The opening of doors and bashing other cars is not restricted to the elderly. From what I have seen the bashing of cars is more prevalent in young mums with a couple of children pushing a large trolley.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
It's women drivers you should be more worried about, they might be able to multitask but when it comes to driving they're on a different planet!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

When I was at college I worked in the council car parks. Some of things I've seen beggars belief.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
The facts, not opinion.

Of all the accidents, men accounted for 65 per cent of them and drivers between the ages of 16-25 were responsible for 155,479 alone.

UK drivers over the age of 75 were accountable for the least amount of accidents.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I once parked at the bottom end car park at Asda in Hollingbury at seven in the morning - nobody within fifty car spaces of my little Ford Focus.
Twenty minutes later when I came back I had two cars parked either side of me despite the empty car park.
They were parked less than a foot from either side of my car doors fffsake!
I had to squeeze into my passenger door to get in :moo:

I put matchsticks in their front tyre air valves to teach them a lesson :ohmy:

I tell you this as at 61 I'm considered an elderly Old Git driver :thumbsup:

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I wouldn’t confine your comments just to elderly drivers. In my experience you get all sorts of people guilty of the examples you have given. There are many pig ignorant and inconsiderate people in society.

Indeed this. My mum is 80 this year - she has just passed her advanced driving test !

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here