Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The big game last night

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
No, not that one, but QPR (15th) v Sheffield Wednesday (16th) at Loftus Road, which I happened to find myself at with a German colleague over for a few days and who wanted to experience a "pwoper" English game in a "pwoper" English stadium. I was worried that this would put him off for life, but with QPR 3-0 up after 15 minutes and M:lolol:ssive an absolute mess, he was loving it. He even enjoyed his hotter-than-the-sun traditional chicken balti Pukka Pie at HT.

Final score was 4-2 after a minor fightback from the Owls, including a very tidy finish from the largely ineffective Forestieri. What has happened to them this year, though? Truly terrible and I did feel slightly sorry (for about five seconds) for the travelling fans who filled the upper tier behind the goal (lower tier was empty).

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
hotter-than-the-sun

I love that phrase, never heard anyone except a couple of my mates use it though.

Fernando scored? I think that's his second goal in basically no time on the pitch, must have a decent goals-to-games ratio now, legendary purchase.

EDIT: According to whoscored.com, he's got a goal every 103 minutes. DECENT!

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
No, not that one, but QPR (15th) v Sheffield Wednesday (16th) at Loftus Road, which I happened to find myself at with a German colleague over for a few days and who wanted to experience a "pwoper" English game in a "pwoper" English stadium. I was worried that this would put him off for life, but with QPR 3-0 up after 15 minutes and M:lolol:ssive an absolute mess, he was loving it. He even enjoyed his hotter-than-the-sun traditional chicken balti Pukka Pie at HT.

Final score was 4-2 after a minor fightback from the Owls, including a very tidy finish from the largely ineffective Forestieri. What has happened to them this year, though? Truly terrible and I did feel slightly sorry (for about five seconds) for the travelling fans who filled the upper tier behind the goal (lower tier was empty).

Aging squad I think. Looks likely they missed their chance and a rebuild is on the cards. Not easy recovering after double playoff failures as we well know.

Still, that's what they get for losing to a weaker (in my opinion) Hudds team and a dour Hull side the year prior after fluking it past us.

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
I love that phrase, never heard anyone except a couple of my mates use it though.

Fernando scored? I think that's his second goal in basically no time on the pitch, must have a decent goals-to-games ratio now, legendary purchase.

I believe that was Forestieri's first start since August due to injury. They also brought on Jordan Rhodes and George Boyd late one. Both were pony.

hoveboyslim

Feb 7, 2004
Hove

Alan Partridge 2.10 in - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hlau9xLqjjw

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here