Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] National Football & Wellbeing Study - Have Your Say!

Jill_Desmond

Apr 11, 2018
Hello.

I'm conducting a research study into the wellbeing of football fans across the UK and I would love to hear from Brighton fans.

I am particularly interested in the psychological benefits of following Brighton and how that relates to football fans in other divisions, regions and steps in the pyramid.

Below is a link to the survey. It's very straightforward. I'd be extremely grateful for your time and honest opinion in responding as this will form the centre-piece to my psychology degree.

Football fan survey link: https://openss.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3E0yn0aecIVVNHL

Please feel free to share the link with family and friends too - regardless of which club they follow. The more responses I get, the better.

And if you're interested in the results, I'd be delighted to send you the final report - there is opportunity to leave your email address at the end of the survey.

Thank you ever so much in advance for all your help and efforts. if you have any questions about the survey, please email me, Jill Desmond at: zy206400@my.open.ac.uk.

Last edited by a moderator:

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
Done.. I’d be interested in reading the final report. Probably missed it but didn’t see an opportunity to leave my email address. Perhaps you could share a link to it afterwards...

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Jill, a well put together survey, which is one of the best I have seen from students studying for a degree.

Survey completed, and I hope this helps you towards a 1st

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
:bigwave:

I have been following BHAFC for 45 years. When I do I start to receive the "psychological benefits"?!!

:lolol:

But completed. Good survey

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Done. One of the better surveys I like it.

The final bit mentioned how it is looking at correlation between the size of a club and the well being of fans. Just wondering how the size of the club is calculated, assuming it is attendance, catchment area etc.? No small club mentality just curious

Jill_Desmond

Apr 11, 2018
Thank you!!

Many thanks all for responding!

I'll post a link to the final report in a few weeks. It seems the email address field isn't working in the questionnaire. I do apologise!

Regarding size of club, I'm looking at a few factors but predominantly average attendance (total, home and away). It's not ideal as clearly there are some grounds that sell-out most weeks while others are half full but it's the best appropriation I've found for now, without making it any more hideously complex. I'd love to hear of any other suggestions though!?!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here