Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Five key moments.....

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Spot on! Before and after Solly’s goal/OG we looked well in command, and well on to a second goal to seal it. Along comes Duffy to win the Colin Hawkins FFS Trophy for 2017/18 with his Specsavers moment..

harsh comparison, its partly coaching and tactics. this is consequence of "keep the ball, pass it around the back" philosophy. every year there is a couple of howlers when its too short, the keeper/other defender isn't expecting it and the opposition steel it. if in doubt pump it up field was once the fail-safe for a centre back, now they are deeply trained to pass across so they default to that. he didnt see the danger but should have been looking up field for outlet anyway.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
East, just North of halfway.

Despite the later discussion in this thread, whether it WAS actually a foul isn't the issue. The ref DID see it as a foul, and if it was, it was a pretty blatant block, with VLP past him. Very strange decision not to produce the second yellow IMO.

The only argument to me, was whether the ball had actually gone out before the challenge.

Ta....roughly same vantage as me (ESU just south of halfway)... as I said at the start of the ref thread ..he was inconsistent imho

el punal

harsh comparison, its partly coaching and tactics. this is consequence of "keep the ball, pass it around the back" philosophy. every year there is a couple of howlers when its too short, the keeper/other defender isn't expecting it and the opposition steel it. if in doubt pump it up field was once the fail-safe for a centre back, now they are deeply trained to pass across so they default to that. he didnt see the danger but should have been looking up field for outlet anyway.

Exactly. I was criticising his howler rather than his overall performance either in this game or previous ones. Duffy is an outstanding player for us, no doubt. His mistake, unfortunately, seemed to be the catalyst for the whole team to go off the boil.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade

There's a big difference between passing to a player who isn't expecting it and passing to no one for the striker to run onto. I love Duffy but his terrible pass is to blame, not the system.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
East, just North of halfway.

Despite the later discussion in this thread, whether it WAS actually a foul isn't the issue. The ref DID see it as a foul, and if it was, it was a pretty blatant block, with VLP past him. Very strange decision not to produce the second yellow IMO.

The only argument to me, was whether the ball had actually gone out before the challenge.

Have a look at the vid doing the rounds I think you may change your mind and substitute the Pröpper incident into the five

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here