Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Arsenal

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
The empty seats at their stadium for the Southampton game made a massive statement. I don't know if that was an organised protest or just a culmination of frustration at their lack of ability to challenge for the title in recent years. Whatever the attendance was announced as, in reality it was about 50% full which must be about 30000.
However much the board feel Wenger is the best football manager for the job it appears that he's lost the backing of much of the core support. It must be costing them millions in potential marketing and sponsorship deals.
They will urgently need to get a feel good factor from somewhere in the summer. It's currently a mess.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
they are a bit of a mystery really, for the talent available and Wenger's previous ability, they just dont seem to be able to deliver any consistency for a couple of seasons. he'll be gone this summer, who will replace?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Huddersfields last game of the season at home. I bet arsenal are really up for that one ......

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Interestingly, since we beat them they've won the last 5 in all competitions.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Interestingly, since we beat them they've won the last 5 in all competitions.

Yes, I'm sure Wenger spoke those immortal words, we really should be beating teams like Brighton. :lol:

I'm glad we gave them a kick up the backside, because it has motivated them.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Yes, I'm sure Wenger spoke those immortal words, we really should be beating teams like Brighton. :lol:

I'm glad we gave them a kick up the backside, because it has motivated them.

To be fair, they really SHOULD be beating 'teams like Brighton'. For the very reason outlined by the OP.

However they are often:

A group of players, not really a "team". Some undoubted talent, but not much of a team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here