Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hindsight

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Hindsight is a great virtue but did we make a mistake loaning out Norwood and possibly Towell when we had Kayal and Sidwell out for a long time at the start of the season. Would either have possibly made the step up?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Hardly anyone thought that Norwood was good enough for PL. Like Skalak, he did OK in some Championship games for us last season, but flattered to deceive in others.

The club had to draw the squad lines somewhere last summer and got it right.

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
Norwood is an efficient player at championship level but no more than that. Didn't play badly for us, as far as I can remember, but at the same time never really dominated any games.
But will always be remembered as playing a part in one of our most successful seasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I was just thinking of our midfield injuries to Sidwerll, Kayal, Molumby Stephens and now Propper suspended probably., Towell would have been asking too much but not so sure about Norwood.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I think we have gotten away pretty well this season with regards to injuries, suspensions and players out on load (touching wood). So no. TBH I dont know enough about them to see if they could have made the step up, but from what we have had I dont think either would have had chance to prove anyone otherwise

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Norwood is totally exposed in a two man midfield, in a 3 man midfield he can pick his passes without having to be as responsible defensively. He lacked the discipline to really make an effective contribution to screening the defence.

Except for Sheffield Wednesday away when he and Sidwell were the two, and we won the game. Other than that, if Norwood wasn't partnered by Stephens he was totally lost.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
No

Towel doing well at Rotherham...in league One
Norwood doing well at Fulham in the Championship.....not sure i think the bit about NI is relevant..look who else is playing for them.....more than that what Ninja says is more relevant

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
No. We took a gamble in leaving ourselves very short of CM cover, but it looks as if we've got away with it. If Stephens gets a red card against Palarse things might not look so rosy - but would Norwood or Towell have been the answer anyway? I don't think so.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Norwood's a bench player for Fulham in the same way he was for us. Started a lot early in the season but dropped out when Cairney came back into the side.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
No point in looking back, you may as well bring up we were a striker short in the first half of the season.

Decisions have to be made and you have to accept the cards you have at the time

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here