Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Scarey stat ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
We have scored a grand total of 7 goals on the road all season - and 3 of those came in one night, at a hapless West Ham. Even WBA have managed 8. We are the only 2 teams not to reach double figures in goals scored away from home. So, 4 goals in 14. Pitiful.

I *think* we're going to be alright, being as we're currently being bailed out by the rancid incompetent flotsum beneath us. But 7 goals in 15 roadtrips, with 3 of those 7 goals being scored in 1 game at a comical West Ham...whoa. That is an absolutely DISMAL return. On the flipside, in the A column we've only shipped 19 on the road, which is only 3 more than Burnley and Chelsea. But crikey...we are so heavily reliant on a shutout to get something from half of our games.

I reckon we'll probably just about have enough this season, which will be a fantastic achievement. But holy hell...I'm not sure single figures in the GS column on the road will always be enough, unless our home form is ridiculous.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
First season
Championship players
Lack of experience.
One step at a time
Learning as we go.
Summer transfer window to strengthen

Have I covered it?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Well when you're looking to not lose and have little interest in attacking away from home it's no surprise:lolol:

Personally I'd rather we looked to win away games and had a real crack as you have nothing to lose bar a few batterings....pointless tactic and so boring !!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
First season
Championship players
Lack of experience.
One step at a time
Learning as we go.

Have I covered it?

I hope you have :thumbsup:

I was just shocked at how dismal our goal return has been away from the Amex. SHOCKED I tell ye.

0-0 at Selhurst anyone ? Yes bloody please.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
First season
Championship players
Lack of experience.
One step at a time
Learning as we go.

Have I covered it?

No need to be an arse about it. It's a perfectly valid point to make. There have been plenty of discussions about how we haven't been adventurous enough on the road. Huddersfield have 11 and Newcastle 17. We are bottom of the table when it comes to goals scored away from home. The only other team in single figures is West Brom. This forum is here to, you know, discuss things.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
First season
Championship players
Lack of experience.
One step at a time
Learning as we go.

Have I covered it?

Probably, although I don't think all out defence away from home is the right tactic. I think the stats show this. The match at West Ham showed this.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Well when you're looking to not lose and have little interest in attacking away from home it's no surprise:lolol:

Personally I'd rather we looked to win away games and had a real crack as you have nothing to lose bar a few batterings....pointless tactic and so boring !!

But produces a low goal difference which is very useful. I don't like watching batterings.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I hope you have :thumbsup:

I was just shocked at how dismal our goal return has been away from the Amex. SHOCKED I tell ye.

0-0 at Selhurst anyone ? Yes bloody please.

I keep asking those who have been complaining about this, recently, and still am yet to receive a reply:-

'What were you actually expecting?'

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
But produces a low goal difference which is very useful. I don't like watching batterings.
Yes but maybe 6 points extra if we actually made an effort ?
What's the point of defending for a 0-0 it most away games?

So a minus 30 goal difference or an extra 3/6/9 points?

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
We have scored a grand total of 7 goals on the road all season - and 3 of those came in one night, at a hapless West Ham. Even WBA have managed 8. We are the only 2 teams not to reach double figures in goals scored away from home. So, 4 goals in 14. Pitiful.

I *think* we're going to be alright, being as we're currently being bailed out by the rancid incompetent flotsum beneath us. But 7 goals in 15 roadtrips, with 3 of those 7 goals being scored in 1 game at a comical West Ham...whoa. That is an absolutely DISMAL return. On the flipside, in the A column we've only shipped 19 on the road, which is only 3 more than Burnley and Chelsea. But crikey...we are so heavily reliant on a shutout to get something from half of our games.

I reckon we'll probably just about have enough this season, which will be a fantastic achievement. But holy hell...I'm not sure single figures in the GS column on the road will always be enough, unless our home form is ridiculous.

for a chap with the amount of posts you've made, you're now talking crap ! The reality of it is that there are teams below us who haven't taken sufficient points, regardless of how many goals they have or haven't scored. Wake up and smell the coffee !!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Here’s a really scary stat for West Ham, Palace, Swansea, Stoke, Southampton , Huddersfield and West Brom fans.

Your points totals.

Fewer than Brighton !

despite the queue of NSC posters concluding for the last 24 hours that the games up in every imaginable way possible.

Chin up fellas.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Yes but maybe 6 points extra if we actually made an effort ?
What's the point of defending for a 0-0 it most away games?

So a minus 30 goal difference or an extra 3/6/9 points?

Heavy defeats normally lead to you shoring up the defence in the following game which is usually a home game when for the most part you need to go and try and win. So narrow defeats or draws away from home for me are the order of the day

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here