Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 815161718
Results 171 to 179 of 179
  1. #171
    Members KZNSeagull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Wolsingham, County Durham
    Posts
    13,897


    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Weststander View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don’t apologise. I’d love it if we gained points from these last 6 games.
    Would you? Try thinking a bit more positively then and maybe it will happen.
    Sanibona!!

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #172
      Members Weststander's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2011
      Location
      Withdean area
      Posts
      35,355


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by KZNSeagull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Would you? Try thinking a bit more positively then and maybe it will happen.
      Free speech troubles you.

      NSC is a melting pot of all sorts of views, not identikit posts of control freak @KZNSeagull .
    • #173
      Members
      Join Date
      Jan 2007
      Location
      SWINDON
      Posts
      13,118


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by hart's shirt View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I honestly do. Stoke almost got a point yesterday at home to Spurs, Southampton lost by the odd goal today...even West Brom picked up a point!

      Maybe the glass is more than half full, but, sloppy backpasses aside, we're hard to beat and so pick up the odd point here and there.

      We've created good chances to win both of the last 2 games and a return of just a point was below the 3-4 expected from the NSC poll.

      I think we'll do a job on one of the top 5 that will get us at least a point with a good team display along with getting the rub of the green on the day.

      On another point, it's interesting to see how few people wanted Southampton to win today...a win that would have put Palace in the bottom 3.

      Even local rivalries play second fiddle to survival!
      That's not true as the two sides that are the real possibilities of finishing below us are Southampton and Huddersfield
    • #174
      Members
      Join Date
      May 2012
      Location
      Cumbria
      Posts
      3,511


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Shooting Star View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Palace have a better chance to stay up than us, despite having four fewer points and a game less to play? Am I looking at a different table?
      Same table - but maybe not looking at the same fixtures? Palace have the likes of West Brom, Stoke (and us). They're more likely to pick up 7-8 points than we are 2-3.
    • #175
      Members KZNSeagull's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2007
      Location
      Wolsingham, County Durham
      Posts
      13,897


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Weststander View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Free speech troubles you.

      NSC is a melting pot of all sorts of views, not identikit posts of control freak @KZNSeagull .
      What a bizarre reply. I am a control freak because I do not subscribe to your relentless negativity? You carry on being as miserable as you like - excuse me if I refuse to join in.
      Sanibona!!
    • #176
      Members Wozza's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      In your face
      Posts
      18,885


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Shooting Star View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Palace have a better chance to stay up than us, despite having four fewer points and a game less to play? Am I looking at a different table?
      And 1 win in 8 isn't it?
      I listen to bands that don't even exist yet.
    • #177
      Je Suis Rhino jimhigham's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2009
      Location
      Woking
      Posts
      5,729


      0 Not allowed!
      Southampton made a good effort today but I wouldn't hit the panic button about their "revival" just yet. Arsenal almost always have something fragile about them these days. I still don't imagine Mark Hughes has the skills to coax out a sequence of results against the opponents they still have to face.
    • #178
      Members Weststander's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2011
      Location
      Withdean area
      Posts
      35,355


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by KZNSeagull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      What a bizarre reply. I am a control freak because I do not subscribe to your relentless negativity? You carry on being as miserable as you like - excuse me if I refuse to join in.
      Instead of debatng individual points, you make a sweeping statement that I should think more positively, when I replied to someone else, not you. NSC allows a spread of views. If some are critical of yesterday’s performance and aren’t optimistic about difficult games ahead, why does it bother you if that view is expressed? Accept the wide array of views. For what it’s worth, just one person’s opinion, I’ve made it plain that I think we’re staying up.
    • #179
      Members KZNSeagull's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2007
      Location
      Wolsingham, County Durham
      Posts
      13,897


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Weststander View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Instead of debatng individual points, you make a sweeping statement that I should think more positively, when I replied to someone else, not you. NSC allows a spread of views. If some are critical of yesterday’s performance and aren’t optimistic about difficult games ahead, why does it bother you if that view is expressed? Accept the wide array of views. For what it’s worth, just one person’s opinion, I’ve made it plain that I think we’re staying up.
      From what I can see you have spent all day on here making the same point over and over again. Quite why you choose to make the same point (being "critical of yesterday’s performance and aren’t optimistic about difficult games ahead") over and over again is up to you. I am allowed to counter it. I have done so. Once. I am glad you noticed.
      Sanibona!!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •