Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fair Play Huddersfield.

ChazzyBHA

Dec 27, 2011
Yes we were poor but... Huddersfield turned up with a game plan. They knew they had to play a high-pressing style and they took the game to us. Fair play :salute:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yes we were poor but... Huddersfield turned up with a game plan. They knew they had to play a high-pressing style and they took the game to us. Fair play :salute:

From kick off until the first goal they were absolutely shit. Decent enough from then on though.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
We were poor, but were still the more likely.
They were competitive in midfield and won a lot of second ball, but once they had it, had nothing going forward.
They wouldn't have scored had we not given them a goal from nothing and they couldn't press their man advantage for the last twenty.
We were the lowest placed team they had left to play.
Duffy's gift game them the first goal in seven games.
If they are going to survive they will either have to improve quickly, or hope that Southampton don't.

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
Any half decent team would've beaten us today, we were woeful. If that was Huddersfield playing well they'll be relegated.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
They were awful. I really hope they stay up and Saints go down as that is one less relegation spot to worry about next season.

there seems to be split decisions on whether (as per the poll) we should have won or got a point

.I am pretty certain that watching that game as a neatral the vast majority would say a draw was the fair result, either team could have won it, nether team really deserved to win or lose, and both sides played quite poorly. If I was an 'udds fan I would probably think it was 2 points dropped but a good away point, I'm in the point gained camp for us

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I think their tactics were right. I’d say well done Wagner rather than well done Huddersfield. They are a poor team but he worked out how to get a result. Hughton had him early on but Wagner adjusted at half time and Hughton didn’t respond quickly enough.

That said, like Leicester and several other games this season, had we taken our chances we would have won.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Credit to Wagner, top manager. But I have to say I’m surprised how much of a quality leap we’ve made from Hudds, if we turned up for the full match we’d win.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Its their usual game plan. It worked so well that other than the Duffy gift Maty Ryan only had routine saves to make mostly from shots outside the area.

Playing against a top 6 side the defeat would have probably been by at least 7 goals.

But Huddersfield were as bad as us and probably worse given the 4 clear goalscoring opportunities they conceded and despite playing so badly we could (should) have won.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Said this a few times they pressed well and are decent on the ball but seem to go nowhere with it. Ryan did nothing all game really. We were poor in possession and gifted them a goal. But chances wise we could have won by 4/5 goals and it’s this that is costing us. 3 1v1 over past few games and we havnt hit the target, missed penelty and numerous set play chances yesterday. Really should have been 6 points but we go away with 1.
Gutted we didn’t get Locadia on there was so much space to run in behind yesterday.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Huddersfield played like a good championship team with a tactically astute manager. We played like a good championship side with a tactically rigid manager

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Huddersfield pressed well and were ok in possession but would have never scored if we hadn’t gifted them a goal. They didn’t create a clear cut chance all afternoon.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Huddersfield played like a good championship team with a tactically astute manager. We played like a good championship side with a tactically rigid manager

Our 'rigid' tactics produced the better chances and, despite his howler for Solly's goal, their goalkeeper was made the BBC's man of the match for keeping them in it.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free

If only there was some way for us to look at past videos of how Huddersfield have played previously both against us and against almost every other team in the division. We might then have prepared better and achieved a better result.

Pritshit and Van La Parra should have been dealt with early doors.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Huddersfield pressed well and were ok in possession but would have never scored if we hadn’t gifted them a goal. They didn’t create a clear cut chance all afternoon.

Our 'rigid' tactics produced the better chances and, despite his howler for Solly's goal, their goalkeeper was made the BBC's man of the match for keeping them in it.

Agree with both of these posts. Duffy gifted them a goal, and their keeper had to tip two fine shots over the bar.

Yes, they crowded the midfield & caused problems but they couldn't beat 10 men without help from us.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Said this a few times they pressed well and are decent on the ball but seem to go nowhere with it. Ryan did nothing all game really. We were poor in possession and gifted them a goal. But chances wise we could have won by 4/5 goals and it’s this that is costing us. 3 1v1 over past few games and we havnt hit the target, missed penelty and numerous set play chances yesterday. Really should have been 6 points but we go away with 1.
Gutted we didn’t get Locadia on there was so much space to run in behind yesterday.

This. I'm getting cross again, thinking about it, and how the changes made by Mr Predictable panned out. I agree with the OP - Huddersfield earned their corn, but boy did we make it easy for them....long range shots to the keeper's hands or whanged high or wide....must stop reading these threads. :flameboun

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
I've seen most games at the Amex.Yesterday and a previous 0-0 v Huddersfield rank up there amongst the worst. The 0-0 was allegedly a Championship game and yesterday was no better.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

That is a pretty fair assessment.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Huddersfield were there for the taking, same as Swansea were. Score should have been about the same as that match. No credit is due to Huddersfield. Our loss of two points yesterday was totally self-inflicted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here