Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Locadia

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
Why wasn’t Locadia utilised today? Both March and Izqueirdo were largely ineffective and bringing on Ulloa for Murray was just pointless when lumping high balls to a big man wasn’t really paying off.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
He was stripped and ready to come on then Propper got sent off so we had to bring on Kayal instead.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Izquierdo was limping at the end and Locadia was the obvious change but I think CH was worried about Duffy getting a second yellow and needed to keep Goldson as an option.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As I have said earlier if you spend your record amount on a striker and then cannot bring him on in a game when a goal is needed to secure your future something is seriously wrong.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Fair enough, but I’d have brought him on earlier rather Ulloa

Exactly it was clear we were lacking pace and aggression through the middle, should have come on instead of Ulloa imo. Ulloa showed no pace and spent quite a bit of time fouling Huddersfield players. CH got it wrong (am I allowed to say that?)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Pretty sure Locadia is being tucked away so the club can work on his level of sharpness and excess timber over the summer. He'll be an amazing player for us next season.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
That is what I suggested to my brother drop Gross in to cover Propper and then take off March or probably Izquierdo and go more direct with Locadia and Ulloa straight down the middle.
For once BG I actually agree with you.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Izquierdo was limping at the end and Locadia was the obvious change but I think CH was worried about Duffy getting a second yellow and needed to keep Goldson as an option.

Then why didn't he put on Goldson anyway? No use waiting until Duffy actually gets a second yellow! Better still, could have gone three at the back and brought on Locadia (or even Baldock, who is more than a bit nippy).to give it a go in the last ten minutes.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
But this is Hughton, who is world renowned for negative tactics, so why would he bring a striker on instead of a defensive midfielder? That sort of change would not even be on his radar as he can't think further thank like-for-like.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Pretty sure Locadia is being tucked away so the club can work on his level of sharpness and excess timber over the summer. He'll be an amazing player for us next season.

You’ve been on the Buckfast haven’t you ?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Our negative manager made a perfectly to be expected decision not to make an attacking change. March was crap today, he blew his last chance to stake a claim to be in the team or at the club for next season (unless he's earmarked for the Skalak role next season) and Locadia should have come on for him at any stage. However, safety first, so he watched from the bench.

I'm not having a go at Chris Hughton, we are where we are because of him and his tactics, but it's seriously frustrating when we play crap like Huddersfield today and we don't try to change the game to go for the win. I don't think Hughton is the man to take us forward, he either doesn't have the ambition or the belief in his team/players to take a risk.

Tiptoe through the NSC

Sep 13, 2017
St. Leonards-on-Sea
Locadia's pace would have made Huddersfield's defenders drop 10 or 15 yards deeper. That in turn would have given us more space in midfield as they could no longer congest the area and press. As a result, we could have got our creative players on the ball more and may have opened them up. Or failing that, played the ball in behind them and let Locadia chase it down in a way Murray cannot do. I love Chris and believe he knows this to be true but I'm baffled why he is so conservative in games we could win if we were more adventurous. Rant over.

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
I like Hughton but cannot ever understand his subs! In a game where we were struggling to keep the ball in final third,he should of changed things or at least changed one of the wide players,who were both poor today. Why wait for 70 minutes plus to do so! He is the only manager in the Prem who game after game waits until the last 20 to change something that hasnt worked for over an hour?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Our negative manager made a perfectly to be expected decision not to make an attacking change. March was crap today, he blew his last chance to stake a claim to be in the team or at the club for next season (unless he's earmarked for the Skalak role next season) and Locadia should have come on for him at any stage. However, safety first, so he watched from the bench.

I'm not having a go at Chris Hughton, we are where we are because of him and his tactics, but it's seriously frustrating when we play crap like Huddersfield today and we don't try to change the game to go for the win. I don't think Hughton is the man to take us forward, he either doesn't have the ambition or the belief in his team/players to take a risk.

Couldn’t disagree more strongly, tbh.

Once again he’s gone out and done the exact job asked of him, and done it well. His defensive work was excellent, he rarely gave the ball away, and he scored what should have been our winner. Not sure why so many of our fans hate on the best attacking young player the club has produced in 30 years. Baffling.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here