Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Poor support when we needed it most

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Thought our support today was reactive rather than proactive. When “come on Brighton” is your loudest chant you’re not backing the players.

For the first 5 mins the players were fantastic and so were we but after that Hudds were louder more often.

Two split groups in the North competing with each other yet again. WSU not joining in often enough. And, to be fair, the players making mistake after mistake just as we got going.

Before you ask I’m back of WSU North End. Personal tally = Songs started 3, other people’s songs taken up 2, songs joined in with all. Still too quiet for me where I was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
It was poor today. I thought the fans seemed nervous and this transmitted to the players.

Lack of vocal support most of the match but very quick to vocally criticise mistakes.

Frustrating and surprising day all round. I really thought we would be up for this today and the atmosphere would be good.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Though our support today was reactive rather than proactive. When “come on Brighton” is your loudest chant you’re not backing the players.

For the first 5 mins the players were fantastic and so were we but after that Hudds were louder more often.

Two split groups in the North competing with each other yet again. WSU not joining in often enough. And, to be fair, the players making mistake after mistake just as we got going.

Well there you go then :shrug:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I thought the Huddersfield fans did well for such a small following. Their chants sounded quite loud on the radio.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
I'm more worried about staying in this league then worrying about which stand or so on is singing louder.
The players were under par today and also maybe us.
We live and learn.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Allowing a poor team back into the game with a howler of epic proportions will kill off an atmosphere 9 times out of 10

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I'm more worried about staying in this league then worrying about which stand or so on is singing louder.
The players were under par today and also maybe us.
We live and learn.

Lot of players before the game went on record asking for loud support. It helps by all accounts. Leicester and Huddersfield seem to have achieved this organically at home.

Wouldn’t it be great if we could improve our home record even more, just by most of the ground singing positive songs?

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.
Thought our support today was reactive rather than proactive. When “come on Brighton” is your loudest chant you’re not backing the players.

Before you ask I’m back of WSU North End. Personal tally = Songs started 3, other people’s songs taken up 2, songs joined in with all. Still too quiet for me where I was.

I sit central in the North stand. Fair play to you trying to give it a go in the West. The West in general is really woeful and almost embarrassing

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Had to follow on Player as away. Wasn't good, sounded just like several other games when the nerves take over. We all tend to go quiet rather than up the volume when we're shitting our pants.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
As has happened in almost all the big games at the Amex, nerves got the better of the crowd and transmitted to the team.

thbjenkins

Mar 12, 2014
Lancing
Oh it’s SINGING that wins games. Silly me all these years thinking it was scoring goals!

As for keeping tally, what’s the recommend method? Excel spreadsheet? Write it on your phone? Or do you keep it old school with a pencil a notepad?

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Had to follow on Player as away. Wasn't good, sounded just like several other games when the nerves take over. We all tend to go quiet rather than up the volume when we're shitting our pants.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

We lost 90% of 50:50's, second balls, they seem to be playing with 13 as always another Hudd player to win a skirmish over the ball. Albion get giving the ball away too.

The crowd in the NS where I sat were frustrated seeing all that unravel in both halves.

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
Want to argue with the negative comments above but can't...

Very quiet from 10mins to the goals and then during most of what followed - interspersed with some highly premature frustration and critical reactions to our own players.

Only consolation is that this is quite normal around the country and sometimes we are better.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here