Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Huddersfield Town *** Official Match Thread ***

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
703.png
726.png

Brighton v Huddersfield

PREMIER LEAGUE

Venue: The American Express Community Stadium
Date: Saturday 7th April 2018
Kick-off: 15:00 BST
Referee: Anthony Taylor
Assistants: Adam Nunn, Peter Kirkup
Fourth official: Lee Probert

TEAM NEWS

Brighton can call upon Leonardo Ulloa once again after he sat out last week's defeat against parent club Leicester but Dale Stephens remains a doubt due to a lingering hamstring injury.

Anthony Knockaert is unavailable as he completes his three-match ban.

Huddersfield have been dealt a blow with news that Elias Kachunga will miss the remainder of the season.

Jon Stankovic has returned to training but Danny Williams and Michael Hefele are long-term absentees.

MOTD COMMENTATOR'S NOTES

Steve Wilson: "Huddersfield have had enough bursts of form to just about keep their heads above water. They won twice in August, had a strong December and a fruitful February: one more flourish might just see them safe - but can they produce it?

"David Wagner's team will finish the campaign against Manchester City, Chelsea and Arsenal so taking points now is an absolute must. Mind you, the same goes for Brighton who still have Tottenham, Manchester City, Manchester United and Liverpool all to play.

"Of the two, Chris Hughton's side looks the better equipped to stay up. I'm afraid that Huddersfield - who have barely been in the bottom three all season - might find themselves sunk right at the last moment."

WHAT THE MANAGERS SAY

Brighton manager Chris Hughton: "We also have some very difficult games in our last eight.

"We know how difficult it can be and we have to make sure we secure our status as quick as possible. We would be no different to any one of the other 10, 11 teams around us."

Huddersfield head coach David Wagner: "I'm confident we have everything to stay up. Even if it will be difficult.

"Getting promoted was like a fairytale, staying up would be a miracle."

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• [*=left]Huddersfield have won their last two matches against Brighton, having failed to register a victory in their previous nine encounters (D5, L4).
    [*=left]The Terriers are without a win at Brighton in five attempts, since a 3-2 victory in League One in April 2011.
    [*=left]Huddersfield are looking to complete a league double over Brighton for the first time since the 2010-11 season.
    [*=left]Steve Mounie scored both goals as Huddersfield won 2-0 in December's reverse fixture.

Brighton

• [*=left]Brighton have lost three successive game in all competitions, all by a 2-0 scoreline, having previously been unbeaten in seven matches.
    [*=left]Chris Hughton's men have won three of their last four home games and scored nine goals in the process.
    [*=left]The Seagulls would be eighth in the league table based on home results only.
    [*=left]Brighton and opponents Huddersfield have been involved in a league-high four goalless draws this term.
    [*=left]Both Brighton and Huddersfield have had just eight different Premier League goalscorers, fewer than any other team.
    [*=left]Glenn Murray has scored in four of his five home league starts in 2018. Last weekend's 2-0 defeat against Leicester was the exception, when he had a penalty saved.
    [*=left]This is Brighton's 200th top flight fixture (W55, D58, L86). Their first was a 4-0 defeat against Arsenal at Goldstone Ground in August 1979.

Huddersfield

• [*=left]Huddersfield have lost five of their last six away fixtures, with February's 2-1 win at West Bromwich Albion the exception.
    [*=left]They have lost eight Premier League matches in 2018, a tally exceeded only by bottom club West Brom (nine defeats).
    [*=left]Similarly, the Terriers have scored just seven top-flight goals this calendar year - only Stoke (six goals) have a worse record.
    [*=left]Huddersfield have failed to score in 12 away league games this season - another blank would equal the Premier League record in a single campaign.
    [*=left]They have failed to score in four straight league games for the first time since September 2002, when they were in the third tier.
    [*=left]The Terriers are without a league goal in 394 minutes.
    [*=left]Huddersfield have lost 16 of their 17 league matches when they have conceded the opening goal.
    [*=left]David Wagner's side have won just one point from losing positions season, a joint league-low with West Brom.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Huddersfield- ‘could be sunk at the last moment’. Shame that!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So excited

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I went for a 2-0 home win, but I've got up this morning with this "we are going to stuff 'em" feeling. We could have this done and dusted by half time!:lolol:

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
I am VERY nervous this morning, I don't normally go into my pre-match pacing routine until about 11.30; started at 7.30 today. I have a feeling this is 'it' for our season, win and the beach shorts come out, lose and I fear that the EPL will have been a brief love affair for the Albion.

One plea to fellow fans today, let's raise the roof today and how about skipping that half time pint and keeping the stands full from 40 to 50 minutes...............

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I wasn't going to go today as I've been ill all week, but I've just passed a late fitness test. Hope Stephens does the same. :albion2:

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Also nervous today but no different to other games. The trick will be to get an early goal or two. The logic ger it stays nil nil the higher my blood pressure will be.

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
At work, but will be watching the game on a totally legal stream as always.

Pickles

May 5, 2014

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I have a horrible feeling it will be a nervy display from both teams and ends up being a 0-0. Good for Hudders, bad for us. Can’t see us getting another point after today! (I will cheer up, honest!)��

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Remember watching Huddersfield in the play-offs last season and I know what to expect. Nerves and tension and tactical football for the chess player.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here