Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Barely Alive Clive

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The untalented user of this particular tag has been spraying consistently shit graffiti all over Brighton recently (Lewes Rd in particular).

But, finally they have got the recognition they deserve:

https://mobile.twitter.com/eddo_/status/981257014209929218

3f2a5f46d0b4e2ce952b9bb2b4f3938d.jpg

ace3c21fc2437587e3ba0a858cf2dd59.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Varoius clowns have splattered part of Herne Bay promenade towards Reculver with amateurish splodge. I was thinking of posting a suitable snap the other day. Now what was, until recently, an elegant if bizarre promenade looks like Croydon Poundland trolley park. :rant::shrug::shootself

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Saltydog

Aug 29, 2011
Ocean Wave
I really don’t get this petty minded scribbling. Is it an admission that they are an insecure person needing to prove their existance with a “look at me” action? If so does not really stack up as they always seem to hide in the shadows and act when no one can see them.

Or maybe I’m just too old to get it.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Another sad indicator of the breakdown of society. Mindless vandalism really.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Brighton has become absolutely covered in this shite in the last year or so, even in some of the nicest areas, and is a lot worse off for it.

DerekZoolander

Aug 15, 2011
I'm sorry but what on earth is that garbage which is written explaining what it's all meant to be. It's badly drawn shite is what it is.

Reminds me of when I was at school and teachers used to ask what characters feelings were at this point in a story or what the colour red meant on a piece of art. Load of a ******* nonsense.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
It's utter shite. There is some brilliant graffiti work in the town. We don't need this talentless crap.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
I'm sorry but what on earth is that garbage which is written explaining what it's all meant to be. It's badly drawn shite is what it is.

Reminds me of when I was at school and teachers used to ask what characters feelings were at this point in a story or what the colour red meant on a piece of art. Load of a ******* nonsense.

That explanation was written by someone else as a joke. The fact that the explanation reminds you of meaningless rubbish is the whole point - it is satirizing reading meaning and value into something worthless.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

I have a feeling that the explanation is in itself a mickey-take. It's happened elsewhere, with made up 'art gallery' style notices attached to things like traffic cones, bins, and so on.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Brighton has become absolutely covered in this shite in the last year or so, even in some of the nicest areas, and is a lot worse off for it.

Completely agree. Never been a big fan even of "arty" graffiti as to me it's just a spray-can branch of fascism: imposing something by force on people who didn't want it or ask for it. There are some beautiful buildings in Brighton that have been disfigured by graffiti, and lots of ugly ones that are now even uglier.

About 20-odd years ago I know the expert advice given to councils and other victims of graffiti was to remove it as soon as possible. Even if it reappears soon afterwards, remove it again. And again. Eventually the "artist" will get bored.

That doesn't seem to be the prevailing attitude these days. Not sure why that should be.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Another sad indicator of the breakdown of society. Mindless vandalism really.

There has been mindless vandalism since forever. Has society been breaking down since Roman times?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Surprisingly, even what you have written, means something.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Probably someone from Momentum who forgot how to spell COR BIN,and thinks Clive Jenkins is still on the go.

DerekZoolander

Aug 15, 2011
That explanation was written by someone else as a joke. The fact that the explanation reminds you of meaningless rubbish is the whole point - it is satirizing reading meaning and value into something worthless.

Well whatever it is, it's bollocks.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here