Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Huddersfield Throwback

Terrierblog

Jul 14, 2017
Good Afternoon chaps and chappettes,

It's been a long time since I've visited these parts, I suspect you're all in good spirits and confident of three points on Saturday that should all but see you safe (I'll be happy if we manage just one shot on goal).

Anyway, I write a weekly piece for my blog looking back at the last five meetings between us and our next opponents, when writing this week's piece it made for pretty glum reading as a Huddersfield fan! So, I though you might appreciate having a read and looking back over some of your most recent wins against us at the AMEX.

Here's the link: https://bit.ly/2GFz1UM

I can't make it to the game on Saturday but I hope there's a good atmosphere between the fans and a good game to boot.

All the best for the rest of the season!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Decent read. Must say I am approaching with confidence and apprehension in equal measure. A win and I think we are home and dry but a defeat for us would send us into minor panic. Finely balanced!

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
Hopefully Leo will double his tally against the Terriers tomorrow. Was that really five years ago?!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Would be lovely if we could both stay up. Your defeat to Palace really hasn’t helped you. That was a big game that you needed to win.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Would be lovely if we could both stay up. Your defeat to Palace really hasn’t helped you. That was a big game that you needed to win.
Stoke and Southampton can make that happen.

Terrierblog

Jul 14, 2017
Thanks, I always try to go for a neutral style post, apart from when we played your favourite bunch Palace. Their fans really are something else... I haven't come across a bunch of self-entitled gits anywhere else, and I have to put up with Leeds fans!

For what it's worth, don't worry at all about Saturday. It will be incredibly boring - we'll make sure of that - and you'll bag a pretty routine 1-0 victory.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Thanks, I always try to go for a neutral style post, apart from when we played your favourite bunch Palace. Their fans really are something else... I haven't come across a bunch of self-entitled gits anywhere else, and I have to put up with Leeds fans!

For what it's worth, don't worry at all about Saturday. It will be incredibly boring - we'll make sure of that - and you'll bag a pretty routine 1-0 victory.

Why do you play so different away from home? I was so impressed with your team and fans when we visited earlier in the season that I was sure you would stay up.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
If Huddersfield can't get up for this game, then I'd have them nailed on for relegation.
They must at least be expecting a performance with some fight. After all, everyone has Brighton circled as a game to target 3 points.

Terrierblog

Jul 14, 2017
Why do you play so different away from home? I was so impressed with your team and fans when we visited earlier in the season that I was sure you would stay up.

It actually goes back to the Spurs home game, in our first game against a big team we played our usual way (the terrier identity) and got torn to pieces in the first 30 minutes, since then I think he's been terrified of it happening again.

We played defensively against Man United in the next game and won 2-1 so he then decided to stick with the safety first approach and targeted certain games against lower teams to go for the full-throttle approach.

We could possibly go attacking on Saturday as he might see it as a game against a better matched opponent, but I doubt it. At the moment Wagner and the team seem crippled by relegation fear so they'll probably go safety first.

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
Be really good if Huddersfield, Newcastle and Albion stay up.
Offers hope to Championship clubs.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
It actually goes back to the Spurs home game, in our first game against a big team we played our usual way (the terrier identity) and got torn to pieces in the first 30 minutes, since then I think he's been terrified of it happening again.

We played defensively against Man United in the next game and won 2-1 so he then decided to stick with the safety first approach and targeted certain games against lower teams to go for the full-throttle approach.

We could possibly go attacking on Saturday as he might see it as a game against a better matched opponent, but I doubt it. At the moment Wagner and the team seem crippled by relegation fear so they'll probably go safety first.

That's really interesting. Having seen you totally dominate us last year in Championship at yours, I was actually dreading playing you - when you came at us with pace we didn't react well. Admittedly we are a different team now.

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
Hilarious to read the Huddersfield fan complaining about Wagner - lack of tactical nous and overly cautious apparently.

Some posters on here will be a bit embarrassed after reading that...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here