Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What has happened to Rohan Ince?

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
He can't even get into the starting line-up for Bury, ten points adrift at the bottom of League One. I used to think he was a decent footballer, but he's clearly gone steadily downhill. Is he on loan at Bury?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
On loan at Bury, and out of contract at the albion at the end of the season.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
He was comically overrated when he was in the team here. I don't think Oscar Garcia got the credit he deserved for getting that team in the play offs. We had some quality dotted around the team, generally in defence and Leo up front, but the midfield options were weak. Ince benefited from playing every game and being in peak fitness, he's not had the same sort of run in a team since and that's probably why he's struggling to get in Bury's team. I was surprised to see him on the bench last night, that was an enormous game in the context of the relegation fight and they lost it very tamely.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I recall he was aloof and somewhat arrogant when he was attending the shirt sponsors’ dinner a few seasons ago. It was very clear he didn’t want to be there. #together? Not so much.

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
He was comically overrated when he was in the team here. I don't think Oscar Garcia got the credit he deserved for getting that team in the play offs. We had some quality dotted around the team, generally in defence and Leo up front, but the midfield options were weak. Ince benefited from playing every game and being in peak fitness, he's not had the same sort of run in a team since and that's probably why he's struggling to get in Bury's team. I was surprised to see him on the bench last night, that was an enormous game in the context of the relegation fight and they lost it very tamely.

To be fair, he was justifiably well-rated during a period in which he put in some great performances. Whether he was ever destined to be better than Championship-level is a matter of conjecture, but he is clearly playing well below his ability potential right now. Shame - but I would imagine that some personal / attitudinal issues are playing a part.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I recall he was aloof and somewhat arrogant when he was attending the shirt sponsors’ dinner a few seasons ago. It was very clear he didn’t want to be there. #together? Not so much.
Were as at the kids Christmas party he spent a considerable time on his knees, so he was photo height for all the children, with a massive broad smile on his face.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Were as at the kids Christmas party he spent a considerable time on his knees, so he was photo height for all the children, with a massive broad smile on his face.

Fair enough.

Perhaps he got out of bed the wrong side on the day of the sponsors’ dinner? :shrug:

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Remember thinking YESSSS when he signed a new contract, always rated him. Can't understand whats gone wrong

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
On one of my rare visits to the AMEX I thought he was our best player (the Norwich game when we had the disco in the east).

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I had a quick look at the Bury forum. It seems some think he is lazy and can't be bothered, which is a shame.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
For me, he was a very good player in the position we were playing him at the time. A change in formation meant that position wasn't available any more. I guess the rest is attitude related which is a real shame. But he won't be the first or last player to go down hill after sulking instead of fighting for his place after being dropped.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I guess that sometimes players just have a couple of reasonable years and then go off the boil, just as some manage to have a career at the top for donkey’s years. Shame for the lad as he did well for us for a while and looked a good prospect, but I am sure that the gravy train will keep him employed one way or another for some years to come.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
To be fair, he was justifiably well-rated during a period in which he put in some great performances. Whether he was ever destined to be better than Championship-level is a matter of conjecture, but he is clearly playing well below his ability potential right now. Shame - but I would imagine that some personal / attitudinal issues are playing a part.

I'm not sure, personally I never rated him as anything more than a chaotic mess of legs. He put in one hell of a tackle on Sanchez of Arsenal and he showed glimpses of quality but that was it. I never felt like he was going to progress in the way others felt he would. The surprise for me was that Forster-Caskey stagnated so completely, I really thought there was a player in him.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I had a quick look at the Bury forum. It seems some think he is lazy and can't be bothered, which is a shame.
He knows he is out of there in 2 months, and avoiding injury as he is then a Free Agent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here