Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Money Spent on Agents 2017/18

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
An outrageous £112 spent by Aldershot.

I guess that covered a couple of nights in a Premier Inn with Full English on both occasions.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
An outrageous £112 spent by Aldershot.

I guess that covered a couple of nights in a Premier Inn with Full English on both occasions.

I know a brickies labourer, who was offered a contract with the old Aldershot Town after scoring a couple of goals in the first ten minutes of his trial with them.
He had to turn them down as the money they offered including bonuses was only just under half of what he was earning.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Daniel Levy a mere £7mill at Spurs. You've got to admire his chutzpah.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Don’t understand why everyone gets so angry about agents fees. They’re doing a job in a very lucrative industry and should be paid for it.

That total amount is still a pittance compared to the overall amount of money floating around the premier league. That figure is the same as the Coutinho and VVD transfer fees alone.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Don’t understand why everyone gets so angry about agents fees. They’re doing a job in a very lucrative industry and should be paid for it.

That total amount is still a pittance compared to the overall amount of money floating around the premier league. That figure is the same as the Coutinho and VVD transfer fees alone.

I don’t get angry about it. I just don’t see why the player can’t pay his agent. Unless of course the agent has earnt his fee by bringing the player to the club etc

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
I don’t get angry about it. I just don’t see why the player can’t pay his agent. Unless of course the agent has earnt his fee by bringing the player to the club etc

I understood that it was to do with the way HMRC deal with the payments to agents - actors can claim the payments as a business expense, footballers if they pay the agent has to do so from taxed income.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's a weird set-up, like buying a house AND having to pay the seller's estate agent fees on top.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here