Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player's Player of the Season

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
For the first time this season at the (nearly) end of season dinner thing they are doing a "Players’ Player of the Season", as selected by the first-team squad.
https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2018/april/vote-for-your-albion-player-of-the-season/

Who is the favourite for this ?
Who do we think is the most popular player in the squad. ?

I'm gonna plump for Bruno. Its (possibly his) FInal season , Sentimental vote ? Any other front runners ? (i think Pascal Gross will scoop the fans player of the year)
UPDATE: Ha ! one more year for Bruno. - even more likely to get it now.

bruno.jpg

Last edited:

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Everyone will be tied with 1 point as they will all vote for themselves :lolol:

I think Dunk/Stephens will be front runners.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
When he was still here, Calde told us most of the players would vote for Dale Stephens. It will be interesting to see who it is.

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
Not sure they would vote for Bruno. He's barely played this season. The professional he is, he would probably be embarrassed to receive the award.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Not sure they would vote for Bruno. He's barely played this season. The professional he is, he would probably be embarrassed to receive the award.

He's started 20+ times in the Prem. And been on the bench for (most) the rest. Remarkable for a 37 year old.

Jimmy Grimble

Stephens or Gross I'd guess.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would think the two forerunners will be Stephens and Gross as unlike a large number on here the players appreciate what they do for the team Of the two I would expect the final winner to be Stephens.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Mat Ryan would be in with a shout, great character and his enthusiasm in infectious.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It'll be someone other than Knockaert, whereupon he will kick two tables over, chuck a drink over whoever has won, shout 'you're all *******' at the rest of the team and storm out..........................................before issuing a massive apology on twitter 15 minutes later about 'ow mooch I luuv dis cloob'

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
When he was still here, Calde told us most of the players would vote for Dale Stephens. It will be interesting to see who it is.

The difference in the choice of the fans and the choice of the pros can sometimes be quite stark.

When Kayal won the Fans' Player of the Season in 2015/16, Stephens came nowhere. Meanwhile, his fellow pros in the Championship voted the latter sixth in the division, and put him in the Players' Team of the Year. Many ex-pros also zeroed in on Stephens, with Kayal barely getting a mention.

Already asked a few ex-pros for this season's player. Without hesitation, all said 'Dunk', with several honourable mentions for Stephens.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Stephens, Gross, Dunk or Ryan. Possibly Propper. Murray, Duffy and Bong outside bets, Izquierdo coming up on the rails with Schelotto. And Bruno, obvs.

Undecided, moi ??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here