Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pitch Invader

Diablo

NSC Patreon
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
We all did it last season when promotion assured,ever since Erica Roe in 1982....I`ve always liked the idea of someone at the Amex doing the same. Last Saturday Murray about to take penalty streaker runs on and scores !! do we sign him/her up or are we horrified and blame him/her when Murray penalty saved. Or fit young man dodging security guards for few minutes while players and crowd look on !
Good entertainment? Silly Bugger? What do you think ?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
.I`ve always liked the idea of someone at the Amex doing the same.

If you're that keen, step forward yourself, you can then spend the next 5 years or so recalling your day in the sun to anyone who will listen, but you won't be at the Amex for a very long time

Drpepper

Nov 23, 2011
Sussex
Wasn’t a pitch invader but pretty sure i saw someone right at the front of the north stand getting thrown out on saturday for getting rather close to the pitch when we won the penalty

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
There was a streaker at the Amex during one of the England U21 games. Not a clever thing for a grown man to do in front of a few thousand schoolkids.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
There was a streaker at the Amex during one of the England U21 games. Not a clever thing for a grown man to do in front of a few thousand schoolkids.

Agreed- Although Erica Roe was the talk of the upper forms all those years ago.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
If you're that keen, step forward yourself, you can then spend the next 5 years or so recalling your day in the sun to anyone who will listen, but you won't be at the Amex for a very long time

You are correct of course. But that is exactly why modern football/life cannot come close to days of old for pure fun/silliness factor. Yes the game is played in vastly more skillful way, yes the stadiums are safer and more comfortable, and thankfully the common massed disorder that attached itself to football has all but gone. But for laughs, silly drunken antics, and stories that evolve into folklore in later years modern football is shit, and being banned from stadiums for streaking is a great example as to why this is.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
We had a streaker at an away game a few years ago. Can't remember where but I was at the game with Beachy. It was neither him or Earnest.

Sent from my BTV-DL09 using Tapatalk

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
We had a make streaker at half time of the Eng u19 or u20 game first year at the Amex (I believe Harry Kane was playing?) - poor choice of game given the overwhelming amount of very young children present.

Also had one at the start of the last season at the Goldstone vs Chester City.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
We had a streaker at an away game a few years ago. Can't remember where but I was at the game with Beachy. It was neither him or Earnest.

Yes I remember the Leyton Orient streaker. He wasn't a Brighton fan. He was either stoned or drunk, as he looked completely out of it.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

I seem to remember EaRNEST welched on a bet a few years ago which involved some sort or pitch invasion

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Liverpool in the Cup? Remember a Scouser running in in our 6-1 defeat.

el punal

We all did it last season when promotion assured,ever since Erica Roe in 1982....I`ve always liked the idea of someone at the Amex doing the same. Last Saturday Murray about to take penalty streaker runs on and scores !! do we sign him/her up or are we horrified and blame him/her when Murray penalty saved. Or fit young man dodging security guards for few minutes while players and crowd look on !

Good entertainment? Silly bugger? Do you mean, as in the Leeds fan that ran onto the pitch and assaulted Chris Kirkland, the Sheffield Wednesday goalie sort of entertainment? Yes, I found that hilarious, especially as the stupid Leeds tw*t got banged up for 16 weeks.

Sarcasm aside, I go to watch the Albion play football, not some attention seeking moron trying to impress his mates by running onto the pitch. By the way, you cannot compare 20,000 Albion fans running on the pitch AFTER the final whistle to celebrate promotion, to some cock doing his "look at me" five minutes of fame in the middle of a match.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Yes I remember the Leyton Orient streaker. He wasn't a Brighton fan. He was either stoned or drunk, as he looked completely out of it.

Yes that was it.

I have a love hate relationship with the away games there and our brief fake rivalry.

I got salmonella food poisoning from a Chinese takeaway outside the ground.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
We had a work team building day at Sixways where the Worcester Warriors play rugby.

Drunken girl from tech support streaked in the Operations vs Sales 7 aside. Very red faced coming to work on Monday she was bless her

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here