Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] EFL

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I wonder what the Football League think their job description entails.

Checking chairmen and club owners for suitability to run a football club?
Listening to fans and supporters when owners turn out to be very dodgy?

No, don't buy your players a burger if they win, cos it's not in their contracts.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43617974

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Currently reading a chapter in Ian Wright's biography about the dietary revolution bought to English football by Wenger, Gullit, Zola et al that swept away the 'dark ages' of footballers diets in this country, I'd say the EFL are indirectly doing Accrington a favour!

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
They are doing the burger spotting cos that seems to be far easier than spotting dodgy new chairmen or owners, who are possibly laundering some dosh...

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
It is. But if it’s regular then HMRC will want to know as could become a benefit in kind and tax will be due on it.

So all the prematch meals have to be written into a player's contract too? All the plane and coach travel? It's nonsense.

Besides, that's down to HMRC to divide the benefit in kind for 18 players and staff divided by £180. It is still nothing to do with the Football League.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
So all the prematch meals have to be written into a player's contract too? All the plane and coach travel? It's nonsense.

I am sure that in the old days you would have seen the players eating fish and chips on the coach home or stopping off on Shepherds Bush 1 way system for the club to go and get them food. from a take away. Times have changed and clubs have become more diet conscious and perhaps a burger is now seen as a 1 off treat.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I am sure that in the old days you would have seen the players eating fish and chips on the coach home or stopping off on Shepherds Bush 1 way system for the club to go and get them food. from a take away. Times have changed and clubs have become more diet conscious and perhaps a burger is now seen as a 1 off treat.

You have completely missed the point. It's not the burgers the Football League are complaining about.

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea

No, I’m not an accountant (I’m sure one on here could confirm) , but it’s unlikely travel and subsistence would be considered a benefit.

However I do agree, it’s got nothing to do with the EFL.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
No, I’m not an accountant (I’m sure one on here could confirm) , but it’s unlikely travel and subsistence would be considered a benefit.

However I do agree, it’s got nothing to do with the EFL.

Blackpool and Charlton fans must be tearing their hair out in frustration.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Sorry [MENTION=19]Icy Gull[/MENTION], I didn't spot your thread.

Moderators please merge.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here