Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Did we get what we deserved against Leicester?

Did we get what we deserved against Leicester?

• No, we were the better team for most of the game and deserved a point at least

Votes: 90 52.6%
  • Yes, miss your opportunities and you will get punished in this League

Votes: 81 47.4%

• Total voters

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Only seen the highlights on Seagulls Player so can't really base my opinion on the whole game but from what i saw we simply failed to take our chances and Leicester did , Izquierdo must learn quickly that there are other players on the pitch other than himself when he is in within shooting distance , shocking show of selfishness once again has cost us a clear and probable goalscoring opportunity , yup it's great when they actually do go in but he must improve that part of his game , so in short i reckon we got exactly what we deserved , nowt .

biddles911

May 12, 2014
Goals win games.
Too many blanks this season, indicative of our lack of quality/ruthlessness in the final third. Ten 0-2 league defeats and 15 scoreless league games in total. Too much resting on Murray's shoulders and not enough contribution from other areas, particularly midfield.

Spot on. Murray has done extremely well with patchy service, compared with the other premier league top scorers (all in top four clubs apart from Vardy, I think).

Midfield has contributed almost (?) no goals and, as for the number of set pieces that have ballooned over the top from Dunk/Duffy......!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
We were mugged, but this happens in football. I'm sure moaning about it too much would raise eyebrows at Craven Cottage as we did it twice to them last year. Our slight change to the formation looked promising. The three in midfield dominated and provided space and opportunity for Murray, Izquierdo and Locadia. Unfortunately, none of them had their shooting boots on and chances weren't taken. Let's hope that this was a useful practice run and the new shape will produce better results next week.

Leicester's tactic to bring down quick players and defend set pieces with their land of giants was cynical. I haven't seen that approach at The Amex since Mick McCarthy's Ipswich took turns collecting yellows and turned us over with inevitable goals from Darryl Murphy. It may sound bitter, but when Mahrez goes they will be a suprisingly ordinary team considering how much money has been spent on them. I didn't think that the much lauded Harry Maguire looked particularly mobile. He was noticeably heavy, even playing next to Wes Morgan: Less the new John Terry, more the new Neil Ruddock.

Agree

Especially about the formation and Leicester cynical tactics.

There is an argument against playing two wingers as we cannot play on both wings at the same time. Winger has to play inside or play three in midfield. Full back can overlap for sudden switches in play.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Voted 'No', but would have preferred an option for 'Both'. You just can't take sloppy casual penalties at this level. Must be a dagger through Hemed's heart every time he sees one of those missed (or scored) while he's sat on the bench. Shame he's not much cop with his feet in open play. Oh, and an unmarked Bong should REALLY be able to connect his head with the ball from less than a metre out from goal on the far post. But then again, all our defenders seem to develop square heads when they come up for corners or similar. They usually connect, but the ball ALWAYS goes about six foot over the bar.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Biggest crime, for me, wasn't the missed penalty. It was Izquierdo choosing to shoot when he an easy square pass to Gross (and possibly Murray too) who are/were far better placed to score.

Murray had a long chat with him after that.

Had he passed to Murray he might have missed. ... The penalty was one of three key points, followed by Bong's miss. Key to it all was taking off Kayak as we lost a lot, Baldock added nothing.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
WE WUZ ROBBED!!!!!!

But you can't miss penalties and sitters like that and expect to win. Boys will be pumped up after that performance, bring on Udders.
:albion2:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Goals win games.
Too many blanks this season, indicative of our lack of quality/ruthlessness in the final third. Ten 0-2 league defeats and 15 scoreless league games in total. Too much resting on Murray's shoulders and not enough contribution from other areas, particularly midfield.

Good post. Schmeichal hardly troubled. The Albion need to buy a younger, quality striker this summer and touch-wood will have another £100m to help the cause.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Good post. Schmeichal hardly troubled. The Albion need to buy a younger, quality striker this summer and touch-wood will have another £100m to help the cause.

He made three decent saves ? Ryan didn’t make any notable stops but picked the ball out of the net twice.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I found myself agreeing with both statements to begin with, but ultimately decided that 'Yes' was my only true reflection on the game.

I felt gutted, but not hard done by. It wasn't 'unfair' that we lost. We lost because we squandered some very good chances to score in what was always going to be a tight game. We did not get done by bad officiating or fortuitous bounces or anything like that.

We've dealt out plenty of smash-and-grabs in the past and we were on the receiving end of one yesterday. You can only applaud Leicester for basically having one chance and taking it (I'm not even counting the second goal for obvious reasons).

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Do you count the penalty save as decent?

Yes. Chose the right way, kept it out. Decent. Not spectacular, but decent.

Save from from Gross was superb - looked on the highlights that the ball took a slight deflection as well. Also the save from March was alright, although he didn’t have to move much. Still 3 more than Ryan made.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
I feel like there should be a third option because I felt we deserved a draw but also we need to take our chances.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here