Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] So todays Ref Chris Kavanagh

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
How did you feel he managed the game and his assistant on the east side ...i've included them as the chap next to me referred to her as a 'cow' as one decision went against the home team.

I did think the sending off was a tad harsh.....but perhaps worth it just to see the player go apopletic and it seemed injure himself in the process

IMG_0673.jpg

IMG_0674.jpg

I won't add what this fan said to me at half time about what he would like to do re the assistant

L3000081.jpg

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
"Oh, Riyad Marhez is on the floor...I must award a free kick."

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I think they got most decisions right. I know there were a few throws/offside the fans disagreed with, but I thought they got them right (with a possible exception of those two thow-ins in quick succession early in the first half, one each way).

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
On the whole he had a good game. The big call though - was Maguire’s foul for the penalty not worthy of a (second) yellow?

The female assistant was embarrassing. Unbelievably poor. She just guessed, constantly.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I think they got most decisions right. I know there were a few throws/offside the fans disagreed with, but I thought they got them right (with a possible exception of those two thow-ins in quick succession early in the first half, one each way).

I agree. The official on the East side had a stinker in the first half, but one of the decisions she was heckled about in the second, I thought she got right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
On the whole he had a good game. The big call though - was Maguire’s foul for the penalty not worthy of a (second) yellow?

The female assistant was embarrassing. Unbelievably poor. She just guessed, constantly.

Agree about the ref. Dished out yellows like confetti but each was justfied, mainly to LCFC, typically for halting counter attacks. Some crap refs turn a blind eye to those, letting the culprit achieve his aim without punishment.

There are some awful refs at the moment in the top 2 divisions and he was better than that.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Agree about the ref. Dished out yellows like confetti but each was justfied, mainly to LCFC, typically for halting counter attacks. Some crap refs turn a blind eye to those, letting the culprit achieve his aim without punishment.

There are some awful refs at the moment in the top 2 divisions and he was better than that.

The other annoying one he missed, was not booking Schmeichel when he picked the ball up and hoofed it into the WSL when the penalty was given. Had he had that yellow at that stage, it would have saved us all the time wasting later.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex

Nailed it. She got 4 decisions in quick succession totally wrong. 1 in our favour, 3 against. That said, some of the sexist slagging off of her was embarrassing. We have had her before and she's been ok. Bad day today but the abuse was OTT imo

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I did think in the first half, when the assistant got the thrown in decisions wrong that she was the love child of Mike Dean.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Nailed it. She got 4 decisions in quick succession totally wrong. 1 in our favour, 3 against. That said, some of the sexist slagging off of her was embarrassing. We have had her before and she's been ok. Bad day today but the abuse was OTT imo

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Totally agree

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Thought the ref was excellent. Leicester fans moaning about the number of bookings, but they all looked yellow cards to me - as did our two. Only thing I wasn't sure about was the penalty - tbh didn't look like one, but would need to see it again. Sian Massey made some bizarre decisios, but disappointed to hear fans saying she must be crap because she's a woman. We've had plenty of crap male linos too!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I thought the ref was poor in certain areas. He warned Leicester 5 or 6 times when they tried to take free kicks further forward than they should and then turned his back and they nicked another 4 or 5 metres each time. It was mainly Marhez btw when he wasn’t rolling around on the floor. Why he didn’t clean Smeichels (sp) boots for him prior to every goal kick also amazed me. There were times today when I wondered why I watch football, what with all their play acting, time wasting and the like. I know all teams try it on but maybe I just wasn’t in the mood today.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I thought he was a weak ref generally. I can accept officials make mistakes (and he made some that favoured us too), but the one thing that really irks me is when a team is allowed to waste time right from the off.

Schmeichel’s goal-kicks were a joke. Once any keeper’s slowed the game down a couple of times, warn him. The next time, book him. Sort it out in the first 20 minutes so we can watch the game we’ve paid to see. If he persists, send him off. Simple as that.

Leicester also seemed to take an unusual amount of their free-kicks from the wrong place. Perhaps he let those go as he knew pulling play back would just waste even more time. But if that’s the case, you just allow the offending team to run the game.

If any of that is impossible in practice, then add the bloody time on properly. Let’s see 10 minutes of stoppage time. That’ll prevent it.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Sian Massey (thanks to the poster above) we have had a few times and she's always been good.

Today, though, I thought her and the ref were dreadful on a lot of decisions that were obviously wrong. However none of them mattered (throw ins and one goal kick?) and on the important decisions got them right.

So does that mean they were excellent or crap - I'm confused

Thought more added on time after the time-wasting, subs and sending off

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Thought the ref was excellent. Leicester fans moaning about the number of bookings, but they all looked yellow cards to me - as did our two. Only thing I wasn't sure about was the penalty - tbh didn't look like one, but would need to see it again. Sian Massey made some bizarre decisios, but disappointed to hear fans saying she must be crap because she's a woman. We've had plenty of crap male linos too!

Bloke on the West was a bit crap as well wasn’t he ? People down that end seemed to think he got a few offsides wrong.

Ref wasn’t the reason we lost.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here